Best keyboard for sampling/sequencing

braindmg

I was looking into the ASR 10 because somebody told me it was a good keyboard for all types of beatmaking, but can you use it like a midi controller? Also the keyboard might possibly go with a MPC.
So help me out y'all. Sorry if I sound dumb.... I'm new to this stuff.

Hey whats up!

Well I use an asr 10 and I use an mpc 2000. Both of which I have connected to my computer and use the asr as a multi channel midi controller sometimes, which makes each instrument on the keyboard able to control a separate instrument in reason. Thats the only software I have really used, I haven't got into ableton yet.

The asr is an amazing sampler by the way it sounds. It's a classic and much sought after for a reason. Sampling, editing samples, adding effects to samples then re-sampling are all super easy to do, and consider that this was made back in 1992! I guess it can time stretch but takes an extremely long time. It's sequencer is functional, and its just laid out very different than the mpc, and it isn't without its own quirks. I use the mpc to sequence on the asr, although often enough I just sample into the asr colorize it however U an going to, and then back into the mpc and use it as another sound module.

The keyboard can also trigger stuff on the mpc, or vice versa. its a mighty fine combination.

The ASR10/EPS series is the best way to go. If you are looking for a good deal I am looking to sell my EPS classic. They function exactly like an ASR10 and it sounds great. Especially for drums. ASR10s on ebay go for $600-$1200 easily still I will let my EPS go for $200. Let me know

Old school - ASR-10

What I've used recently which I suggest looking into - the Fantom series.

Back