ASR 10: are there default sounds in this thing? few other questions too.

An Angry Mohawk

Ok, so last night I was choppin up some drums and I kinda forgot what I was doing to copy the sample across several keys. It had been a bit since I did it last and still pretty new with it. Anyways... I copied the wave sample which played fine from the root key prior to doing it, And I made 4 or 5 copies went about assigning them to keys and when I assigned the first sample to next key, root was c4 and I made d4 next key when I played it it made some weird synth noise. Now I know I didn't load any instruments in and only sampled the drum section into first bank. Odd thing is the original sample wasn't at c4 any more either. When I deleted the 4 extra wavesamples the sample was at c4 again. With no synthy sounds at the other keys. So are there default sounds in the ASR 10an I was pretty sure there wasn't.

Next is I'm having a hell of a time finding a scsi module for my ASR 10. Anyone have any ideas where I can find one, none to be found on ebay so far. Can an sp-4 module from a ts be installed into an asr?

Regarding the asr tutorial video that's very long and split into several parts on youtube, does anyone know where that can be found in one part, not split up? Does someone have it by chance ripped maybe, or perhaps even on the original vhs? I did happen to see the post about sample kings dvds.

I guess that's about it for now.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

Last edited:
Next is I'm having a hell of a time finding a scsi module for my ASR 10. Anyone have any ideas where I can find one, none to be found on ebay so far. Can an sp-4 module from a ts be installed into an asr?

Regarding the asr tutorial video that's very long and split into several parts on youtube, does anyone know where that can be found in one part, not split up? Does someone have it by chance ripped maybe, or perhaps even on the original vhs? I did happen to see the post about sample kings dvds.

In regards to the SCSI you might try what I did. Rogue Music has two ASR-10s on thier website. Email them and ask them if either have the SCSI option and if they would be able to sell it separately. I had been looking on Ebay forever. Try other music stores too if they one. They'll probably get more out of it that way anyway.

About a dvd I have only found the SampleKings dvd and some on Youtube. There are some on youtube which are helpful. I think one guys name is 3rdstop or 3rdspot but I can't remember. A few of his kinda helped. The Hitman videos are helpful but bore me to tears. If you find anything let me know. I've been looking as well.

The reason you got that synth noise is bc you mustve accidentally hit EDIT -> WAVE-> CREATE NEW WAVESAMPLE (which is right next to "copy wavesample"). if you have a sample loaded into an instrument track and hit this it will create a square-wave, which is actually a really bad ass tool to use for basslines. Try it out. create a new wavesample and LOW PASS FILTER its panties off and turn the edit->amp-> BOOST on. also add the EQ effect and get the lows right and BAMMM! YOU GOT YOURSELF A GRIMEY ASS SUB BASS!

Jake One uses this a lot to create his basslines.
add some additional effects and you can get some pretty dope results.

is the asr-10 that tight. i heard the sampling rate or sound card is tight...uhh, the sampling gets great sound. wat else is cool about it

Back