ASR-10 Problem

Mannas

So, I'm having an issue and not sure what to do. I have an ASR-10 and have found when I load multiple instruments it changes the sounds on other tracks when I switch instruments. For instance if I load an organ on track 1 and a piano on track 2, when I switch back and forth it makes the other track sound different.

I think this is because the fx are routed to the same bus. So, if the organ has a rotary effect but the piano track has a 3 band eq, when the piano track is selected it kills the rotary for the organ. Is there any way around this? If I get the output expander would that solve the problem? Also, is it possible to route it differently without the expander so I don't have to shell out anymore?

Thanks in advance!

Your exactly right, I ran into this exactly, I loaded up 4 or 5 instruments and one had reverb and delay on it and in my case if it was selected all the instruments had that effect when played on different tracks using an MPC2k. I was thinkin If your using an external sequencer, try to make sure the instrument with the effects u want is selected on ASR 10 when played through the MPC2k. Example would be when I want my organ to have that large room effect and its in the third bank and on track 3a on my MPC2k, if I want it to sound like it should I make sure the organ oh wait it still makes all the instruments have that sound on it.... Dammit. I imagine you would have to record each instrument sequence one at a time.

The the output expander will not solve the solution. The effects in the ASR-10 works like this:

Assign an effect to the instrument, and that effect will sound only if the instrument channel is selected.

If the effect is combined (example: compression and chorus), those effects will be assigned to a bus individually. example: compression- bus 1, and chorus-bus 2, bus 3 dry.

Take notice that if an effect is assigned to instrument, the ASR programming will most likely keep bus 3 (dry).

If you buy the OEX-6 (it worth it if you track out alot), no effects will be assigned to the outputs of that expander.

If you have the cash and decide to invest in the OEX-6, look into the Ensoniq Dp-4.

Do a search for the Ensoniq Dp-4 on the web.

Your exactly right, I ran into this exactly, I loaded up 4 or 5 instruments and one had reverb and delay on it and in my case if it was selected all the instruments had that effect when played on different tracks using an MPC2k. I was thinkin If your using an external sequencer, try to make sure the instrument with the effects u want is selected on ASR 10 when played through the MPC2k. Example would be when I want my organ to have that large room effect and its in the third bank and on track 3a on my MPC2k, if I want it to sound like it should I make sure the organ oh wait it still makes all the instruments have that sound on it.... Dammit. I imagine you would have to record each instrument sequence one at a time.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Annoying as hell! I've gotten to where I load one in. Record the midi data. Bounce it to an audio track. Erase the midi track. Start with the next one. And so on and so on. It's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Back