Another MPC question.

I know this may have been said many times before. maybe not. But I am thinking about getting an mpc. Im not a new producer either. The problem is, I dont know which one. I was thinking of getting the 500 because I havent had any experience with an mpc yet, and if I liked that I would get the 1000 later. Which one would be better to get first?

i would get the 1000 1st. the 500 i dont think has all the features of the 1000 and you only get 12 pads as opposed to the 16 pads of the 1000. and you also only get that one line screen with it also. i assume there is probably more. maybe some more experienced with them could share more info on this.

I've used the 1000 a lot and I've had the 500 too and you can't even compare those 2.
The 500 is way harder to use, the sound is really different on the 500 I felt like the low and high frequencies were cut.
If you want to start, begin with the 1000 and forget the 500 which is just a toy.

If you want one, I'd go with the 1000.

I hope you've used one before though........

It's not as "entertaining, flashy, and colorful" as what you're used to....like FL and Reason.

I'd stay away from the 500. The least expensive one would probably be a used 2000 classic, which you can get for about 400 bucks give or take a few. The 2000 aside from having less sample time than the nwer mpc's is still a very capable mpc.

The best " bang for the buck" option would be a used mpc 1000 with the JJ OS upgrade.

Again if money isn't an issue I'd go with the 2500.

There isn't too much of a difference in terms of the learning curves to using an mpc, with the 4000 being an exception. If you can use a 2000 you can use an XL, you can use a 1000 you can use a 2500. They feel a little different but the idea is the same. The 2500 is a well rounded machine if you have the dough and once you get the hang of it you can dig deeper into it. If its about cash go with the 1000.

I have owned all the mpcs since the 60 and the mpc1000 and mpc2500 are the only mpcs worth buying.
Most features for the money

Back