That Annoying click Between Sliced Samples

Daniel_J_Jasper

Hey i use a mpc 2500 and i took a sample and chopped it equally into 16 parts. Now i played them in order to better fit the tempo but i noticed an annoying click in between hits. I tried assigning all the samples to mute group 1, I tried lettin the samples overlap slightly, i even tried timestretchin all the samples . BUT I STILL HEAR THAT F*CKIN CLICK SOUND! If anyone know how to fix this i would appreciate it.

When you chop a sample you have to make you cut a the zero crossing point.....where the wave goes from positive to negative.....if u dont its gonna click

try and play around with the end point. On my 2000xl I can back off the end point just enough to fade out the sample slightly to fade out the click.

I play with the end points and start points as well... If you letting the autochop do all the work... your going to have those clicks 95% of the time... do some editing to get the chops right... before I exstract (yes the 1k Chops and put the sample in MONO... no JJOS yet! but thinking... ) I always see if the chop will loop without the click... if it does then I tune it...

If you loop a sample, drop the pitch to slow down the sample and then proceed with ajusting you start and end points. WHen your finished, bring the pitch back up to it's original tone.

If you loop a sample, drop the pitch to slow down the sample and then proceed with ajusting you start and end points. WHen your finished, bring the pitch back up to it's original tone.

That's actually a pretty good idea man, never thought of that. I'm gonna be doing that from now on for sure.

Hey i use a mpc 2500 and i took a sample and chopped it equally into 16 parts. Now i played them in order to better fit the tempo but i noticed an annoying click in between hits. I tried assigning all the samples to mute group 1, I tried lettin the samples overlap slightly, i even tried timestretchin all the samples . BUT I STILL HEAR THAT F*CKIN CLICK SOUND! If anyone know how to fix this i would appreciate it.

Put your program playback to MONO as well as the playback of each pad to Mono in mode+program

Back