Akai S6000

Depends on the configuration. If you check eBay and Sonic state, you can buy a Studio model (40MB/128voice/EB20 Effects board) used as low as $1,600. That's what I managed to get mine for.

I've seen new S5000 (64 voice, 8MB) for $1,100 at Guitar Center (you can probably talk them down). I've heard of the S6000 Studio new for $2,800.

Keep in mind that the S5000 is practically the same sampler except for without the removable face plate. It is more compact and takes up less rack space.

If you do get the S5000/6000 and are using a computer in your studio setup, I highly recommend the USB option (as it was recomended to me from others on futureproducers.com). It allows you to manage every aspect of the sampler from a computer interface.

Good luck. www.zzounds.com/a--2676837 is always a good place to compare new hardware prices.

llamativo.

yep... if the USB option was out when I had my S6000 Studio (fully loaded with 16 outputs, 256MB RAM, 128Voices, Effects card) I wouldn't have sold it.

I sold it mainly because it was a pain to get a hard drive for it (bloody SCSI is not such a dream) and the CDROM drive i found for it sucked...

If the USB was out back then, I would have been able to rack the sampler, and do all the operations from my screen... and use the computer's hard drives, cdrom drive, etc.. a dream!

nice sampler though. Super stable, never had a problem with it.

Back