Akai MPK49 WTF?

so you already know, once that **** drops and i get some $$$ my keystation and my TF are gonna collect dust

akaiMESSE07HP.jpg

WOW :bigeyes:

I thought this was fake at first. I googled it and came up with no links :D but it's on the Akai site.

It looks nice but you know that's going to cost alot for just a midi controller keyboard. Everyone going to eat this up just because it's by Akai :D

lol i agree... why so much hype?

I'm happy with my TF and Radium 61 thank you very much :D :P

Damn, why bash a corp for doing f*** business. Would they be doing this if they hadn't already done marketing research. They arent stupid. Hell dont buy it fellas...look nice and I might get one....hah

InfamousGhostKAent said:
its ONLY a midi controller... why yall so hyped?

i just read the site and it has note repeat, swing controls, tap tempo, 16 level feature (well 12 on this).

im really curious as to what software they want to suggest this for. because all these features are for nothing if there not integratable and UPDATED with new presets, mapping, fixes etc...which EVERY other company except akai does.

it would really be the **** if they came out with a sequencer program on the pc that worked with this controller.

Too sweet!
It has the mpc's swing settings, note repeat, and a new arp built in.....Somehow this can be linked to you sequencer!???!
What I don't understand is how it's able to do swing/shuffle.
How does it override the midi events in a software sequencer?

The mpc's transport controlls are a nice touch btw.

I guess you have guess if you compare it to direct competitors it only needs to deliver to to be a more viable option. microKontrol, Axiom 49 it looks like something special will be happening in the next few months. I would also like to know how it does that suffle/swing. They obviously have some sort of plan.

Here is the product page.
http://www.akaipro.com/prodMPK49.php

Even though they are semi-weighted, something tells me the keys will disappoint. I hope they're better than the Remote LE's (worst ever made IMO).

Last edited by a moderator:
Those pads look pretty cheap on that thing. It will match the rest of my gear though so Ill probably get one to replace my crappy oxygen

Back