Akai mpd24 major help

dj joey

I just got an akai mpd24 and I'm completely confused. I have no idea how to work this thing and the manual didn't help at all.

1. How do I hook it up to FL Studio 9 (I set my preset to MPC 2500 and opened up the FPC preset and it didn't play when I hit the pads.)
2. I was playing with the mpd24 earlier with BFD Lite and the drums were working and I was on BFD Lite preset then I don't know what I did went into like edit then note and changed some stuff around. (I don't know what I did or what I was thinking when I did it.) And then after I went back into present and was still on BFD Lite I pressed some pads and no sound came out.. Like it was coming out before but now it just says like 1A 037 and nothing happens...
3. What's a channel like I thought it was like 1A is bank A pad 1 and 6B is like bank B pad 6 but I was banging around (after the sound didnt work) and like all the pads in all the banks were Channel 1A. So I'm a bit confused.
4. When I sample some sounds and put it onto the MPD24 are they going to be named like note 047 or some other number because how do you know which sound is which?
5. What is Common Channel...?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I hate to be "that guy" but: This is the wrong forum for this. You will get better responses by posting this in the midi controller forums or the DAW forum. The mpd products are midi controllers with no sounds and must be connected to a DAW or another midi instrument, while the stuff they discuss here are dedicated machines that don't have to be used in conjunction with something else. I am willing to bet good money though, that the answer can be gleaned by skimming over the manual. Aint tryin to knock ya homeskillet, but wanna see you get the help your after.

Good Luck!

Back