akai mpd 24 pads

Note Repeat. Big Fuggin Deal.
Ok, almost everyone here has Fl
Ok, almost everyone here has Reason
It is ohh soo difficult with these softwares...

plus you can adjust the volume, pan, whatever of each note

yes they said it has note repeat

The people at West LA music have Akia repetitive come in there store all the time. They said they will have a note repeat on the MPD24. The MPD 24 has a lot of stuff they did not put in there add. Just read a mpc 2500 add and you will see they don't put ever thing it can do ether on it .

Last edited:
dondada said:
The people at West LA music have Akia repetitive come in there store all the time. They said they will have a note repeat on the MPD24. The MPD 24 has a lot of stuff they did not put in there add. Just read a mpc 2500 add and you will see they don't put ever thing it can do ether on it .

Man dont say that sh*t if it aint true please. I will literally skeet all over this d*mn monitor. I have the Korg Pad Kontrol, and I love the Roll and Flam and all those other features, but if that MPD24 has the Note Repeat, then that means I'll have those Akai Pads i've been wanting for so long.

Is there any way to confirm that the MPD24 will have Note Repeat?

#3 04-12-2006
mdcc
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2006

The Akai MPD24 will not have the note repeat function.

I talked to the representative for my boy because he wants this same function, tap tempo so you can speed up your hihats and what not. He said they are working on this, and that , that question keeps popping up. I told him he need to put that function on it. But will they do it? Hum I don't know, Akai is like the Govt, they conspire behind close doors lol ctfu lol Think about it, if they put that tap tempo feature on it people would run and get the Akai 24 before they buy the MPC2000xl. I don't see the button added on this item either, so they might sell this then come out with an Akai MPD24XL lol you should know by now how these companies do lol

1zgq14i.jpg

DaNOC said:
I talked to the representative for my boy because he wants this same function, tap tempo so you can speed up your hihats and what not. He said they are working on this, and that , that question keeps popping up. I told him he need to put that function on it. But will they do it? Hum I don't know, Akai is like the Govt, they conspire behind close doors lol ctfu lol Think about it, if they put that tap tempo feature on it people would run and get the Akai 24 before they buy the MPC2000xl. I don't see the button added on this item either, so they might sell this then come out with an Akai MPD24XL lol you should know by now how these companies do lol

1zgq14i.jpg

Thats true. I tell u this though, no note repeat function, im stickin with the Pad Kontrol. Not about to let Akai pull a MPD24XL on me! :bat:

for those who want the note repeat function in reason i made a combinator patch for it so hit me up on aim to get a hold of it.

wow there are so many good arguments for all 3 so u guys are making my decision on what to get hard..haha lol

i was just at guitar center and i asked about the mpd 24 and the guy called akai and he said that there not shipping till october

Reason why most controllers do not have note repeat and tap tempo buttons:

THEY'RE MIDI CONTROLLERS NOT SEQUENCERS

For note repeat to work, the controller would have to know the tempo of the song. (not hard to implement, if there's a tempo function that can be changed, but still would not be in sync with your host)

For tap tempo to work, there would have to be some raw MIDI command that changes the tempo of your project. I don't think this exists.

kidomaru said:
i was just at guitar center and i asked about the mpd 24 and the guy called akai and he said that there not shipping till october
That is true akia push the mpd24 pads back to the end of the quarter. that means october or november. I hope they are making improvments to the prototype we have been see all over the net

BigRyan said:
Reason why most controllers do not have note repeat and tap tempo buttons:

THEY'RE MIDI CONTROLLERS NOT SEQUENCERS

For note repeat to work, the controller would have to know the tempo of the song. (not hard to implement, if there's a tempo function that can be changed, but still would not be in sync with your host)

For tap tempo to work, there would have to be some raw MIDI command that changes the tempo of your project. I don't think this exists.

it works when i use my mpc1000 as a midi controller all i do is make sure the tempo is right on the mpc

Last edited:
Yall can easily get the tap tempo feature with FL and the MPD16

just right click the tempo display and select tap tempo, then u can play your sample and tap any of the pads to get your tempo,

Someone was saying that you can get note repeat by using the appregiator in FL, can you explain that, and is it possible to still do that and use the FPC

Someone also said that you can get note repeat in Battery,
can you explain that too

Peace!

Exactly are you bugging? They wouldn't put Note repeat on MPD24 cats wouldn't buy the MPC no more. They know what they are doing you know they sit down at a table like the Govt lol

DaNOC said:
Exactly are you bugging? They wouldn't put Note repeat on MPD24 cats wouldn't buy the MPC no more. They know what they are doing you know they sit down at a table like the Govt lol[/QUOT

Note repeat is nice but that not going to stop cat from buying a mpc. The Mp has other stuff cat love about it. Tell you the truth when I started make music I did not have money for a mpc but if I did I would be on that to day and not reason. But Im good at what I do now so it all good

I bought an MPD-24 from SamAsh the other day, Not sure when it will arrive though. I guess not for a while the way you guys are talking about October, November...Anyway sold my MV-8000, I miss it but I have an Carillon AC-1,Cubase SX 3, Komplete 3,Axiom 61, and the aforementioned on the way to replace it, so I doubt I'll be missing it long. Had to have those pads though. I don't see what the big deal about having a button for note repeat is all about when you can just program it.....Anyone have the MPD 24 right now? I seen a couple on eBay for $170. Buy it now, open box item though. Wanted to know how the pads feel and how well it controls....

I have an MPC and I've still never used Note Repeat. I actually tap every hit of the hi-hat. I'm one crazy mutha****a.

yea it depends on what program your using with the mpc, without the repeat feature youll just have to click around more, but what the hurt in that?

Back