akai mpd 24 pads

S

starchild

does any one know if this controller have the note repeat function like the mpcs or the new korg pad kontrol? holla back

starchild said:
does any one know if this controller have the note repeat function like the mpcs or the new korg pad kontrol? holla back

Yeah if your looking for that feature go with the korg pad kontrol

Thats kinda lame, that korg comes out with a pad controller w/ a type of note repeat function, but Akai can't..But then again some ppl might just cop the mpd if it did have the note repeat function instead of an mpc..

2 different animals if you think about it.

If Korg could expand the specs a bit and make it at least 61 note, then it would be a mutha.

Well, one is a straight forward pad controller with some midi control. The other is a fully fledged keyboard, pad midi controller with a librarian and extensive tempaltes to work off.

If they expanded the key section to a full 61 or 76 note, then it would be a beast.

i can do the note repeat feature with my trigger finger and the combinator in reason. real simple for the most part.

Xabiton said:
the korg control seems dope too

The pads suck on it. I've tried the MicroKontrol and it sucked all around because the keys were tiny and the pads felt like crap.

The only difference last time I checked between the MicroKontrol and the fullsized Kontrol is the micro is 3 octaves with small keys while the fullsized Kontrol has 4 octaves and fullsized keys.

So final conclusion. Pads on them both suck, period.

:)

i like the pads on the full sized one. I dont think it would bother me too much as long as they are responsive.

Gibbs, explain your process of note reat in the Combinator in Reason. I've actually Accomplished this feat in FL but I can't figure it out in Reason.

BTW, All Fl users with the MPD16, Trigger Finger, and plan on getting the MPD24. You can easily setup a note repeat in FL by using your arpeggiator under your "FUNC" tab.

DigitalTechnic said:

The pads suck on it. I've tried the MicroKontrol and it sucked all around because the keys were tiny and the pads felt like crap.

The only difference last time I checked between the MicroKontrol and the fullsized Kontrol is the micro is 3 octaves with small keys while the fullsized Kontrol has 4 octaves and fullsized keys.

So final conclusion. Pads on them both suck, period.

:)

I beg to differ. I have both the TF (selling it) and the Pad Kontrol. The pads do *NOT* suck. They have a nice size, and GREAT feel to them. Unlike the TF, you dont have to bang the pads with dear life just to get a good drum hit. Not to mention the heaps of other functions on the Pad Kontrol other than the Note Repeat (roll) button.

I use the MPD16 and Reason. I can turn on note repeat for my pads easily, even cut each other off. I don't see what the hype is for a button.

For the repeat button, will FL or Reason actually record midi for the repeats on to the sequencer?

I was thinking maybe you'd still have to turn on note repeat in the software for it to actually record the repeats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Realize216 said:

I beg to differ. I have both the TF (selling it) and the Pad Kontrol. The pads do *NOT* suck. They have a nice size, and GREAT feel to them. Unlike the TF, you dont have to bang the pads with dear life just to get a good drum hit. Not to mention the heaps of other functions on the Pad Kontrol other than the Note Repeat (roll) button.

He said Korg Kontrol not Korg PadKontrol :p

I can't confirm what the Korg PadKontrol is like since I've not tried it yet. Perhaps they stepped up their game but if it's anything like the MIDI controller keyboards I mentioned in my previous comment, I'll be passing on it.

I had the microKontrol and the pads sucked I now have the axiom and its cool ther pads are way better even though it has 8.

Anyoen even use the PadKontrol? Does the roll button actually work without having to program it?

Back