question about RAM.

5Elements

Hello all.

First of all, I'd like to write my laptop specs.
Asus N53SV
i3 2310M (2.1GHz)
and 4Gb Elpida RAM (1,333 MHz)

I think it's a good laptop to start with, isn't it?
but have some money right now and would like to buy a new RAM, as they are not so expensive.

here's the question - does my laptop go with a single 8Gb RAM, or I need to buy 2x4Gb?
and could you recommend some go to RAM for my needs (production) and to fit my laptop specs?
I'm really confused as I'm not so good at hardware and stuff))

Every advice would be much appreciated!

As far as I know, laptop hardware is way different from desktop hardware. All my friends that are "hardware geeks" tell me it's better not to mess with laptop hardware. They say it's better to simply buy a desktop instead.

Looks like your machine can handle a max of 16GB of ram... Maybe. According to ASUS, if it has two slots, then it handles 8GB, if it has 4, then 16GB. However, your processor's memory controller can handle 16GB, so you might be able to use a pair of 8GB sticks in two slots to get 16GB.

Thank you!
Yeah, I think that 16Gb my asus can handle, but don't want to put some pressure on processor.
Decided to buy another 4Gb of RAM, think it will be enough :)

Have a good day all and great creative ideas! _/\_

RAM's of course a good idea to add headroom to your system...

but you'd see more noticeable performance improvements w/ a CPU upgrade...... which of course is a lot of work to do w/ a laptop. A lot of work lol (taking it apart, switching the guts, putting it back together.. all while voiding warranty). Also... installing an SSD as your system drive would probably be a good solution too to add more life out of your current setup. Speeds up your overall operating system experience, and things load tremendously faster.

Back