PC Glitching and slowing down (CPU) Problems

beetfreek

When im halfway through a track sometimes its made impossible for me to carry on with it as its just a constant glitch wen i press play, sometimes it cuts out all sound together just only playing the midi but all wav channels are silent. its a real pain and is crushing the will to make music and im clueless to what is causing it ???

Ive recently upgraded my pc, im using .

Bare in mind im not tech minded -

-windows 7 64 bit
16 gb ram
AMD Processor
Sound card- Focusrite Scarlett 18i6
Cubase 7

in projects im mainly using,

Massive (no more than 6 instances)
Nexus 2 (No more than 2/3)
izotope ozone 4
Izotope Trash
various - filters, reverbs and delays

and that can be literally it.............

ive recently bought komplete 8 wich i havnt had the power to explore yet as i wouldnt dare use too many instances of reaktor and i also find that if i do and use the vst - razor, reaktor somtimes just cuts out all sound and even if saved and re-opened its still not there.

i thought by buying the Scarlett external usb soundcard and 16 gb ram, i would get rid of the glitches and wot not and ultimately improve speed. but its not improved much at all from my previous 4gb ram system !!!
only other issues i can think of could be that i run my samples through an external HD,
(im using 1 TB Seagate Expansion drive)
wether the external is to slow and causing this problem i dont know, it seems much deeper than that ???
and im running out of money and time

can anyone shed some light on this ?

many thanx in advanced.

you need to adjust the latency/audio buffer size of your interface in the device center - higher latency/buffer size means less crackling and processing problems, smaller latency means more prone to cpu problems and even total failure/crashing

you need to adjust the latency/audio buffer size of your interface in the device center - higher latency/buffer size means less crackling and processing problems, smaller latency means more prone to cpu problems and even total failure/crashing
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

ive already tried this on all settings ive left it on the setting that works the best so i dont think thats the case ???

Do you have the latest drivers for the soundcard you use? Maybe this can be some sort of problems between the way your software "talks" to your hardware.

What processor, motherboard, graphics card ect?

Also if you are using a tower system you don't want to use USB crap instead of stuff that connects directly to the motherboard, USB is a protocol on top of a protocol, in regard to hard drives using USB taxes your CPU more than using SATA, and ideally you should have a dedicated drive for audio (frozen instruments are temporarily rendered as audio) as well as one for samples, especially if you plan to stream samples from the hard drive rather than load them into RAM.......I am not saying your issue is related to your hard drive, it's just something to think about.

Provided your computer has enough power to run your software it's most likely just a configuration issue.

agree with holland - specific motherboard model number and manufacturer, specific processor core/type. Internal drives or at least e-sata if you must go external will be more solid than a usb drive that may also have onboard tech that limits rpm and also puts the drive to sleep when it thinks that there is inactivity on the buss....

disagree with soulghost, as asio4all is really only meant to be used for onboard soundcards not external cards that have their own unique drivers

im finding out the spec now and ill post shortly, i wouldnt think its a driver issue as the soundcard is new and comes with nessesary drivers, ive bin living with this issue for 8 months now, il literally praise the person who finds the solution ;)

I have somewhat of the same problem, and I am on a WAAYYY lower end pc only 3gb ram 2.20ghz dual core processor windows 7 64 bit, I run Fl Studio 10, and I always have Waves L3 Ultramaximizer on my main channel, I use Nexus 2 a lot, sometimes it will let me run like 10 tracks of nexus 2 and my 10-15 drum sounds. Then other times I add one track of nexus with my drums and I get a horrible grinding glitching out of control sound. I have the ASIO driver and it works better than my primary sound driver, but even bumping the nexus tracks to WAV often doesn't help...

Not trying to steel your thread just thought I might also be able to get some help with a similar problem.

I know times are hard but why not upgrade to a better computer I have bought all of my music equipment with change that I save and cutting grass for the neighbor

Back