Thread: Novation Launchpad...in Logic Pro?

Hinojosa is offline Registered User

Novation Launchpad...in Logic Pro?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I know its designed for abletone live, but can it be used with logic/mainstage? im thinking of getting one and an akai mpd18, or should i ditch the akai because the launchpad can have the same funcitons?

krushing is offline Moderator
    Well, it can be used - I'm pretty sure it just sends out standard MIDI messages (needs to be verified though - but the MIDI spec is available from the Novation site). But it's not really a replacement for a drum pad controller. It's not velocity sensitive and hitting those small buttons would be pretty awkward anyway. So the question is - what do you want to do with it?

use it to trigger different loops, record loops, and toggle between settings and effects like in this video, like here
    Live beats with UltraNova and Launchpad: Explained - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

or is there a similar product for logic?

krushing is offline Moderator
    I just don't think there's a sensible way to trigger loops in Logic that way whereas Live is basically built on that clips/loops paradigm. So it's not that much about the product itself, but the software side of things. I can't say I know Logic very well though...so maybe there is a way to do that. In Live it's just very much the heart of the program's way of working.

i guess it could be used better in mainstage, but mainstage works with simple midi commands, so i guess it could be controlled easily with the axiom pro

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

i guess i should experiment firs with what i already have before deciding to buy more

Thread Information