NEW MASCHINE STUDIO ANNOUNCED! (Adios, MPC Ren.)

What I'm excited about the most in Maschine 2.0 is the new built-in drumsynths. Been advocating for that ever since I first got Maschine. Can't wait!

I posted this very same thing over on the huge thread in the Maschine forums! ;)

Up until this point, I was on the fence about adding a Arturia Spark LE for drum synths.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Not sure why u got side tracked with your debate. We can bounce each sound. It's not pad bouncing its track bouncing and if there is only one pad on the track then the pad is being bounced........
No you can't. Having to resort to a workaround of making sure only one pad is being used in a track in order to bounce individual sound is hardly the same thing.

The point is that Traxx1 decided to butt into this thread about Maschine Studio and instead talk about his MPC Studio and how he can "batch export with ease". When I pointed out that it's too bad the MPC Ren/Studio software cannot batch export individual sounds, he insisted that the Ren could batch export separate individual sounds like Maschine can, even when I kept pointing out several examples of Ren users admitting to this fact as recently as last week. And he finally realized this was actually the case after he actually tried it out and admitted to being mistaken.

In this fast food culture we live in there seems to be many weapons of choice as it relates to music production. Coming from a traditional "Akai MPC" back ground circa 97 and then moving on to the "Roland MV" and just about everything in between I find that IMO the machines have nothing to do with your talent level or ability to use them!. I will say that I did not jump on the "Renn bandwagon" as I like everyone else having been burned by product updates am "once bitten/twice shy!!. However I have recently acquired the Maschine MK2 and almost have not touched anything else since!. Colored light's a factor well not so much but the ease at which it allows you to perform it's capabilities is Stunning!. Funny part is I was apprehensive about purchasing one at first (that is until I got my hands on one)more on that later...Now of course after just wrapping my head around it's features what did they go and do? well you already know lol not only did they come up with the Studio on the low but released it as well to a starving for extra features consumer market that does just that CONSUME!. What if they stop support for K1 and K2? ie Avid etc.. it's just on to the next thing! am I getting the studio Funny you should ask YES! hahaha am I guilty of being part of the problem YES! we are all guilty of enabling these companies to continually "Pimp us out" at our expense! for the next best thing instead of just making music with what we already have!.. Gear lust you gotta love it..

Last edited:
Only because I was coming form a MPC background and heard the so called "problems" with Maschine but really as it turns out those opinions might have been shared by those that didn't like the direction that music making was going in. You know incorporating software with your hardware system.. introducing something new and trying to make it work as I know some of us are still resistant lol..Since I have been using it I have "enjoyed beat making even more".. Will I get a Renn? eventually but not before a get a Studio first!...

Back