Need help picking a MIDI? Please help ASAP!

TheMasterMirza

I've been making beats and I wanna upgrade my MIDI Keyboard. My setup is FL Studio 10 w/ a Akai MPD26 and a Yamaha PSR E313 Keyboard (I hooked up a M-Audio 1-in-1 MIDI Uno Cable to make it a MIDI) but lately the latency on the keyboard is been a bit slow. I recently bought an Akai LPK25 but it's too small and it hurts my hand so I need to return it. So my question is, what is a good, cheap MIDI Keyboard which will have a good latency.

Thanks in advance guys!

Oh and another note, I have messed with latency and other sound options on my program but it still is quite delayed.

look at latency compensation, so that y\what you play and what you hear are happening at the same time/

otherwise look at some of the 61 key midi controllers out there - they are all much of a muchness at the lower end of the spectrum

I haven't really messed with the MPD with the cable because it came with a straight to USB cable, so there was no need to use the interface with it. Should I try using it with it?

Could be...If your using the built in soundcard to your computer try updating drivers or downloading ASIO4ALL if its compatable. Maybe that will help... Thats all I can think of. Good luck

I think drivers are up to date and I have A4A but I don't really understand it...Guess I better start learning now. Thanks a lot man I appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

The latency is alright, slightly better than the keyboard but not that much of a difference. Would that make it faster on the latency if I used it as an interface? And also I have a Midisport Uno which is a 1 in/1 out port to a USB so that wouldn't really work.

Most of the latency probably comes from the part where the computer is trying to put out the sounds you're triggering with the keyboard - so it's not so much the keyboard itself reacting slowly but more so the computer's audio system taking its sweet time to think what it should do with the MIDI information it's receiving. So getting a new keyboard or a new MIDI interface probably won't help much; optimizing the audio system will, and that's where Asio4All comes in. It allows the computer to access the audio hardware directly instead of going through the hoops & loops of the operating system like it normally does. Getting a proper audio interface is the real solution here, although for some people A4A (which enables your computer's built-in soundchip to work sort-of like a "real" audio interface) is perfectly adequate. Try that first and see where it gets you.

Back