my laptop is not up to my pleasing in speed? need help?

D

DeviozBeats

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad G575 and I have Reason 5. It's not great on latency
and was wondering what could I do to speed my laptop to speed if not what
would be the next laptop to buy at a affordable price?

my specs.PNG

I don't even think it's worth adding more RAM when that processor is so crappy, so you might want to start looking for a new computer.

Yeah I do see that now. From experience i haven't seen a notebook
that has good specs for music production. My wife recently
gave me her laptop and it shows big difference.

With 1.87ghz and 3.0GB of RAM. I hear big difference in sound quality and speed.

Capture.PNG

That processor is really a bit outdated..these days applications are built to work on latest platforms...this does not means that they won't work on the older ones but definitely the speed of operation is affected.+

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R SE, and I suit my needs very well (both gaming and music production)

Toshiba Satellites work the best for me. They have decent ram and processor speeds

I still think desktops are the way to go.

Better choice of CPUs... that don't need to be kept so cool. The lack of power comes from the fact that if a laptop were running a CPU are desktop speeds... it would burn through the desk :)

I think it's because of your computer usage. You have a lot of processes running at the same time. use msconfig and stop some of those processes from running at start up and you should be ok. It has nothing to do with ram. I have had that problem and I have 12 GB of ram

I still think desktops are the way to go.

Better choice of CPUs... that don't need to be kept so cool. The lack of power comes from the fact that if a laptop were running a CPU are desktop speeds... it would burn through the desk :)

Also with a tower system the internal hard drives for audio/sample streaming don't tax the CPU as much as USB and you can use a low latency PCIe audio/MIDI interface.........they are also neater than a desk hogging laptop when tucked out of the way.

Back