Looking For Studio Monitors..HELP!!

What's up all,
I'm currently looking for a set of studio monitors or bookshelf speakers to do some post-editing and playback with in my home studio. Nothing too over the top, as I mix with a good set at another location. My current budget for these is in the $125-$200 range. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Maybe a used set of old b&w's?
b&w dm303's, and dm601's go cheap nowadays.
I picked up some very good sounding destination audio (rbh) bookshelf speakers for $50 a year back.
They were discontinued, and originally sold for $320.
I'd check for deep discounts on older models of a brand you like, or check ebay for good used stuff.

Last edited:
A pair of M-Audio AV40 would probably be best for you. They sound really good for their size and price.

5" monitors would be the minimum size I would suggest. Unfortunately most (pairs) run about $300 or more.
I understand that you have another set that you mix on, however if you're not concerned about quality and you just want something to play back your music without having to use headphones, then don't waste your money on "monitors". Just pick up some cheap iPad or laptop external speakers. I've seen them as cheap as $15

Last edited:
Back