just got krk 5 monitors. Help with settings?

Shands

Dj Shands
hi guys just bought a pair of krk 5 monitors for the purpose of better sound and better mixing for my beats. i see the knobs on the back and honestly i need some help lol. What settings should i have these guys set to, where should i have the knobs in order to get the best sound and mix? thanks for your help in advance! (dont know if it matters but i have them connected directly to the pc, and im using fl studio for my beats, thanks again!)

Not to be a dick...but pretty sure they would have come with a manual of some sort (or DL from krks site) that tells you what those knobs do and where they should be set according to your room and acoustics.

Too be honest i left mine set how they came and just learned how to mix on them like that. knowing your monitors takes a lil time but its my best advice and knowing how it will translate on consumer speakers even before trying it.

You have a HF adjust that can raise or lower HF signals. People say to leave these at 0, I say B.S. Tweak them until you get a sound you like, you will constantly playback music through them, as long as you get used to the sound, it doesn't matter where the knob is adjusted to as long as the sound is nice to YOUR individual ears.

The other knob is just a volume boost. It can be left at 0 since you'll be boosting the signal from a gain knob on your interface or mixer, but if your interface or mixer is turned all the way up and they're still not loud enough, you can manually raise the volume there. Just make sure both monitors are set to identical settings.

Most monitors have similar functions built into them so get used to seeing those.

Back