i want to buy a mpc or maschine.

I love them both. I own a Maschine and find everything is just so easy in terms of workflow with your DAW and computer that I would suggest that. But I love messing with the MP too.

My MPC was my everything, until I got my hands on the maschine. If you are a computer based producer or sound engineer then I would recommend the Maschine over anything. I stand by NI products and have yet to run into any time of creative slump while producing. The mpc pc production is great but not for the asking price.

Hang on. When you're talking about MPC, do you mean the actual MPC or MPC Studio? Because nly MPC Studio is comparable to Maschine. Their bi-directional controllers. The actual MPC (just like the Octatrack) is Hardware only and therefore can be used standalone.

So the question is: Real hardware or integrated controller?

I personally recommend the Maschine. I've got the MK2 mikro and I absolutely love it. While Akai invented the 16-Pad controllers, NI does it better. You can also checkout the Arturia Spark, kind of the same thing but french ^^

I owned Maschine for a year and it is great for a beginner or professional - lots of sounds, easy to put together beats etc. My brother had an MPC which he loved and said he would never part with, Both are excellent at sampling and creating new sounds.

Along came Push - Obviously this is restricted to Ableton users only, which I was. It opens up Ableton on another level and my workflow is soo much quicker. I introduced this to my bro also and he bought one within 48hrs leaving his MPC behind!!

If your an Ableton user then consider Push.

If not then MPC or Maschine are both great - personally i like Maschine due to Library available, easy to use software etc. lots of great youtube tutorials also.

Back