What are some good studio monitors?

It all depends on your budget yeah ... KRK's are a good way to start ... We have got some KRK's VTX8 in the studio, but we also got them Adam A5. also a very clean sound ...

Our goal is the Genelec 8040 (8050's are too big for our studio and the difference between the 8040 and 8050 is too small for that price)

Testing the sound is very important ...

It depends on the room size, setting and your personal listening preferences, but I would suggest checking out the Yamaha HS50 series with subwoofer or HS80 series with subtle room treatment. Best quality/price ratio!

Last edited:
I use Yamaha HS80M w/ HS10W subwoofer. I like 'em for mixing and the sub makes it more enjoyable for producing.

The best thing to do when choosing monitors is to a music shop and play a mix your familiar with through them, people like the sound of different monitors.

Wow.. I see a lot of Rokit enthusiasts. You guys should totally try Mackie products. I am currently using Mackie MR5MKII's and I love them! Perfectly balanced, nice, sleek look. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of monitors or in need of an upgrade!

Back