what size SSD for DAW size on disc

bussy233

I don't really need space for anything besides DAW and a few games and possibly space for HD video editing (nothing fancy but some of my videos are like an hour long full hd I want to trim down and splice etc, dunno if that requires a lot of buffer space). Other than that basically just windows 8.1 and a bunch of small programs. I have external storage for everything else.

I just want one SSD for everything. I use FL studio but I have no idea what VSTs I'll be getting to estimate space needed, what I can say is I'll want about 3 good soft synths VA knobby analog type, a software ROMpler type thing to replace something like a jorg triton workstation for my piano and string sounds etc. Some effects for external guitar and the VSTs, and something/samples to trigger with a usb drum set. I might be able to save space by running these off of discs too.

what size ssd should I get? thanks.

Last edited:
I don't really need space for anything besides DAW and a few games and possibly space for HD video editing (nothing fancy but some of my videos are like an hour long full hd I want to trim down and splice etc, dunno if that requires a lot of buffer space). Other than that basically just windows 8.1 and a bunch of small programs. I have external storage for everything else.

I just want one SSD for everything. I use FL studio but I have no idea what VSTs I'll be getting to estimate space needed, what I can say is I'll want about 3 good soft synths VA knobby analog type, a software ROMpler type thing to replace something like a jorg triton workstation for my piano and string sounds etc. Some effects for external guitar and the VSTs, and something/samples to trigger with a usb drum set. I might be able to save space by running these off of discs too.

what size ssd should I get? thanks.

OCZ's new Vector 150 is pretty good,
you get 240GB,
and Amazon has a rebate that takes the price down through this link:
Amazon.com: OCZ Storage Solutions Vector 150 Series 240GB SATA III 2.5-Inch 7mm Height Solid State Drive (SSD) With Acronis True Image HD Cloning Software- VTR150-25SAT3-240G: Computers & Accessories

There's some other options out there, but that's definitely the best deal I've seen in a while.

-Ki
Salem Beats

thanks. I got the vector 150 you suggested. I got it for $10 more on ebay though because I don't have an amazon account and wasn't worth signing up and then jumping through rebate hoops that sometimes occur.

thanks. I got the vector 150 you suggested. I got it for $10 more on ebay though because I don't have an amazon account and wasn't worth signing up and then jumping through rebate hoops that sometimes occur.

Sweet, let me know how you like it!

-Ki
Salem Beats

A few months ago there was a PNY which is great and fast fior 200 dollars US on sale. 480 GB

Now I like my setup I have an Intel 520 Series SSD 120 GB which retails for about 130 US dollars. I just recently hooked up my Seagate Hybrd SSHD 1TB. It has 64 Mb cache and 7200 RPM motor for the HD part and it's SSD part is 8 GB. Newegg.com - seagate ssd

Its only about 33% faster than an SSD but it works cool for my BF3. (Anthony Lowery) usually name to be like something of Christian faith.

I'm really loving my SSD/SSHD combo two drive system. But I had to format it after I setup the OS. Check Toms Harware I made a post but it's not totally accurate so be careful. Install both SSD + SSHD? - Dell Studio Xps - Windows 7

You can find great deals at Cheap Deals, Best Hot Daily Deals and Coupons by Deals2buy.com on 2014-09-07

Last edited:
Back