Studio monitors thread! I need your opinions, come and read!

Leader

Hello people !
I just registered here and i have one question for you that means a lot to me.
I'm doing music production for almost 2 years now, and i need to upgrade these silly speakers :cool: that i got.
So, i did some research and i found these AYRA 5inch (can't post link's because i this is my first post..it wont allow)..
They are 5 inch monitors, because they are just within my budget range, which is around 300 euros.
I do my production in a room dimensions around 2x8 and it does pretty good job even though i haven't done the soundproofing.....
So now, i'm little scared if i made the right choice, so, im asking for help from you guys, if you can tell me more about ayra (5) or maybe some KRK products or other, because this is really important. ;)

PS: Just to mention the genre, im making electronic music(trance/progressive/house.prog...just to have in mind when it comes to monitors...
Thanks a lot, hope to hear from you! :cheers:

I am assuming that your room is 2mx8m however, also need height as audio response of your room is dependent on all 3 dimensions (resonances are a direct result of dimensions)

as for speakers, you want the frequency response of them to be as flat as possible (same goes for the room, so treatment becomes important once you start buying better speakers)

there are many possibilities for monitors, so you need to look at the production specs for frequency response and compare them understand what it is you are buying and how it differs from "flat", preferably, you also want to see a frequency response graph for your specific purchase (not all manufacturers spend the time doing this, so do not expect to get one at the low end of the market)

Back