Peavey Xport with Guitar Rig 5 and Asio Echo Mia Midi PCI soundcard

berikken

Hello Houston we have a problem ;)
I use Peavey Xport with Guitar Rig 5 and Asio Echo Mia Midi PCI soundcard

Until now I've used a midi controller keyboard with Roland UM-1 interface together with NI Kontakt 5 instruments and that function perfectly with low latency and great sound.

I have connected an seperate amplifier to the output at my Mia soundcard and plays together with winamp through the onboard soundcard and there's no problem with that.

Since NI Komplete 9 ultimate comes with Guitar Rig 5 i thougt I'd use it to play my bass and giutar aswell and since I know that guitar rig is really made as an effect I bought the Peavey Xport guitar interface and installed it with the ReValver software included. And from here my problem starts:

1) I'm unable to set the output in "routing" under the "audio and midi settings" in GR5 to anything other than "peavey Xport 1 and 2" ? resulting no sound from my Mia card to my amp. I see from the level indicator that GR5 is functional.
Audio settings:Driver-Asio and Device-Peavey Xport USB

2) When i try the ReValver software that came withe Xport i'm able to get sound from the Mia card to my amp, but only when I choose:

Driver-MME
Input-Line (Peavey Xport USB)
Output-Virtual out 1-2 (Mia Midi)

If I choose:

Driver-Asio
Input-Peavey Xport USB
Output-Mia Midi V1/2

or any other combination with Mia as output i get this message:

Illegal combination of i/o devices
Input device = Peavey Xport USB (14)
Output device = Asio Echo PCI (13)
Driver mode = Asio
PortAudioChannels = 2->2
ProcessChannels = 2

Why can't any of these software packages see Mia as a choice for directing the outputsignal when I choose Asio drivers?????? It works in guitar rig, I see the signal, but I'm unable to direct the signal out through Mia Midi Soundcard

By the way, I use win7 as OS with plenty of power and Ram

Last edited by a moderator:
Back