New computer ideas (help plz)

7GQ

Ok, so basically i'm after a new computer for producing.

I produce using fruity loops and vsts such as everything in komplete 10 and nexus etc, standard stuff so realistically i don't need anything that's too demanding because there would be no point. I occasionally play games such as skyrim, elder scrolls online, again, on low settings i don't need anything too demanding because there would be no need and cash is a bit of an issue.

I am either thinking of the mac mini (would dual boot with windows 8.1) or this HP pavilion 300-326.

HP Pavilion 500-326na Desktop PC - Black & Silver Deals | Pcworld

APPLE Mac Mini Deals | Pcworld

The HP is probably the way to go due to the A8 and radeon graphics for the gaming side of things but the mac mini is obviously a mac. any help is widely appreciated :D. I have a focusrite 2i2, two rokit 6's, maschine mk2 and an m audio axiom 49 if any of those makes a difference and i will be using two monitors. thanks for any help guys.

Also not too bothered about building a PC due to the fact that i don't need anything too demanding, yes a better PC would be better but i wouldn't benefit anything from it.

Last edited:
For a laptop I would try what I have an HP ENVY "Quad" Edition. Find that sale at Deals2buy.com. Make sure it is an I-7. Any I-7 is a Quad Core. That is top of the line basically right now. Anything better can't usually be utilized and won't even be necessary even for gaming or audio production.

Search everyday hot deals and coupons It's running about 679 US.

recently at Slickdeals.com there has been some phenomenal deals on a a Dell XPS.

Slickdeals: Searching for "xps"

Keep checking back everyday there. It will probably happen again in November. I wouldn't let it slip by it's a phenomenal deal. But it about 800 US.

If you want to search on your own "Google"-(search)+DEAL. For instance; [laptop deal] Desktop DEAL or even get more specific and type in; - XPS DEAL

Back