i could't choose microphone and audio interface

ataik

Hello everyone,
this is my first post. I started to produce music only two months ago. I need portable devices. I will have akai lpk25 as midi, sony 7506 for headphone, yamaha hs50 as monitor but i am not sure about microphone and audio interface.
I have nothing to do with latency, i will only record some voices and work with them, do i need to get audio interface or can i have only microphone for this. If i get better quality, what should i buy? It should only support midi, headphone, mic, monitor

Thank you,

Should already have an audio interface for your hs50s

Your next buy should be an interface and the mic. You don't really need one more than the other right now, you're gonna need them both at the same time assuming you are wanting to start using the mic right away. Id say interface first, but I'm just assuming you want both. My point is, don't only buy the mic.

Both or just the interface right now.

Last edited:
Hey Ataik,

I wrote a guide a while back about starting a studio with one minimum-wage paycheck.
You already have two out of the four items I recommended (the Sony MDR 7506 and the LPK)!

You can check out the article here if you'd like to see what else I'd recommend for an extreme budget:

Salem Beats Reviews - Start Your Studio With One Minimum-Wage Paycheck

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

I suggest this bad boy/girl.

Blue Microphones | Icicle - A Stylish XLR to USB Converter and Preamp

Read reviews on it. I have't tried it yet.

Then I definitely suggest Antares Vocal Processing > Products > Mic Mod EFX

I recommend it for use and for finding out what mic to buy in order to get in the vicinity and see what mics sound like. Try using any old mic on "generic".
I love my Blue Encore 100. It works good on "generic". Really pics the sound up well. If I were to buy another mic I would pick an Audix. They are more expensive but they pick up sound well it seems in Antares Vocal Processing > Products > Mic Mod EFX. Although they cut through the mix different than my Encore 100. Every mic is different, and it matters so so much what mic you choose. I found that out after using Mic Modeler. Mic Modeler gives me quite a few vocal mics at my expense of just about 39 dollars on sale.

Cheers,

Faith Fox https://soundcloud.com/anthony-lowery/japahn was using Mic modeler
https://soundcloud.com/anthony-lowery/faith-fox-called-lord-im-ready used just the Blue Encore 100 and bit of VST EQ.

Last edited:
That was directly what i was looking for. Thank you for the answer, one question, i will still need to connect lpk25 to laptop with usb, am i right. Because in the audio card there is no usb hub?!

Back