How is Fl Studio and other programs on mac???

lilajondeck

Sup,

I wanna buy a macbook pro might go get it today or tomorrow anyways i wanted to know how is fl studio on mac i know you have to have crossover and/or bootcamp and all that but some people said it only works good on mac if the ram is maxed out i just wanted to see if any one uses a mac and fl studio together and also any one know anything about macs and cubase?? Heard it was problems

I might buy another windows computer instead though :)

FL studio has not been released for mac AFAIK. So if you use FL then there is no sense in buying a mac. Since you will have to use crossover or some other form of getting windows on the mac then why even buy one. I would get a mac with ableton > FL any day though. I have both FL and ableton and for me ableton makes hooking up hardware and organizing synths very easy.

Last edited:
Yeah it sounds like a lotta buying a ferrari to turn into a lambo. But I can understand investing in software that becomes sorta obsolete if you don't buy a pc. Just make the right purchase for you.

The point i was getting one was i do lots of graphics and for that the mac i was going to get was good for that and music i do music and im learning graphics and 3d animations but im going to just build a pc

The point i was getting one was i do lots of graphics and for that the mac i was going to get was good for that and music i do music and im learning graphics and 3d animations but im going to just build a pc

well ill at least let you know that when i was using FL studio in crossover it worked pretty good. the nice graphic detail don't work and neither does transparency but it is till very functional. I had to do a little work to gey ASIO and MIDI latency to work out and snow leopard makes this all a little harder.

So if you want it will work, but how know what will happen after apples next update, or lion.

âû íå ïðàâû. äàâàéòå îáñóäèì. ïèøèòå ìíå â pm, ïîîáùàåìñÿ.

Sup,

I wanna buy a macbook pro might go get it today or tomorrow anyways i wanted to know how is fl studio on mac i know you have to have crossover and/or bootcamp and all that but some people said it only works good on mac if the ram is maxed out i just wanted to see if any one uses a mac and fl studio together and also any one know anything about macs and cubase?? Heard it was problems

I might buy another windows computer instead though :)

my ram is maxed out. I have tried cubase on my mac and yes its very buggy. it does work on pc just fine. a friend on mine does use fl studio running on boot camp and it works great just like it would on a pc. DO NOT TRY TO USE ANY OF THESE PROGRAMS ON WINDOWS PARALLELS. (the firwire port wasnt meant to work with parallels) its just not meant for music or graphics design. you may want to try logic, you can record, sequence, arrange and add fx with the great on board sounds it comes with. the sequencing part is just like fl studio.

Actually it probably works the same or better. 4 Gigs is plenty.

Use Bootcamp

Dont use parralells.

Bootcamp comes installed on every mac and you can just hold down any button you choose when you power the computer on to load up the screen that lets you choose to boot Win or Mac. Very painless.

Back