Thread: External sound card - asio/cubase/reason etc. compatible?

regul is offline Registered User

External sound card - asio/cubase/reason etc. compatible?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi there, I was planning on buying an external USB sound card as the mic input attached to my laptop gives a savage fuzzing noise, and I have to denoise everything I record to the point that it lacks any presence. I have a feeling the wires in my laptop may be a bit screwed and it's recieving static or something.

My questions

1. Will this cancel out the noise and give me a clear signal, as I want to use my guitar with my comp.

2. Will I still be able to use asio drivers with cubase (with reason rewired)?

3. Do I have to do any BS to get this to work?

Cheers our cockas

BIGpun4EVER is offline Registered User
    whatever driver cubase is using when you rewire reason is what reason will use also.

Depending on what interface you buy, but most are Asio compatible.

All you would do is connect your (new) interface, then in the Cubase settings you would set up your Audio drives so that your new interface is recognized in cubase.

usualy the Sound card that come stock with computers are crap, so getting a interface would help your sound quality.

Cheers for the reply, however don't suppose anyone knows of any specific products which are definitely asio4all compatible between 30 - 50, with a line in (for mikes and guitars) and output for normal 2.1 speakers (L+R+Sub)

Cheers

krushing is offline Moderator
    30-50 won't get you anything worthwhile, but just about every decent interface comes with their own ASIO drivers, no need for Asio4All.

BIGpun4EVER is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by regul View Post
    Cheers for the reply, however don't suppose anyone knows of any specific products which are definitely asio4all compatible between 30 - 50, with a line in (for mikes and guitars) and output for normal 2.1 speakers (L+R+Sub)

Cheers
    yeah...ummm save up a little bit more. You can get a decent interface for under 200.

PreSonus AudioBox USB Recording Interface- this one has an Asio drive, read the specs
    PreSonus
    $149.99 GuitarCenter

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface- should be asio compatible not sure...
    Saffire 6 USB Audio Interfaces - 2 IN / 4 OUT USB audio interface featuring two Focusrite preamps
    $199.00 GuitarCenter

theres a bunch more out there you just gotta look, hope this helped...

Cheers, your helps are v. much appreciated!

Reckon I could get lucky and find one for around 60 - 80 ($95 - $130)??

I fear taking the risk and looking myself as can never seem to find information on latency etc.

Need something between 1ms and 15ms preferably as can hardly tell the difference...

I am slowly realizing that I am not going to get lucky enough to get something so cheaply though XD

Thread Information