Broke College Student in Need of New Computer

Neuanfang

Neuanfang
Hello! I'm currently attending university and I've been working a little as much as I can, but I'm a little short on cash!

MY budget is about 500 bucks anyone know of a good desktop for this much?!

Thank you!

To be totally honest, I would suggest you get a second hand computer from a friend of craigslist or whatnot, and spend the majority of the money on some decent software. (such as Reason)

Pick up a MIDI controller if you haven't got one already, and start getting sample packs.

Or.. spend the $500 on a computer and torrent software that could go wrong down the line and corrupt your setup. The choice is yours.

Check out Overstock.com, and get yourself a decent desktop for around $300-350 new or refurbished.

Make sure you also have a MIDI controller and some decent studio monitors. You'll regret it later if you don't get them.

Check my thread bro, JUST THE THING FOR YOU:

GET CHEAP and FAST COMPUTERS for Music Production and MORE!

"
Update* (2 years forward in time) 2014

I AGAIN got another bargain computer deal, now you can get such good computers for CHEAP. Check it

I got this used PC from
ebay, from a verified computer renovating company:
- Dell Vostro 200 PC
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20Ghz
- 2GB Ram
- 160GB Hardrive
- with GENUINE windows vista preinstalled
- ATI RADEON HD 5450 512MB DDR3 HDMI Graphics Card built in
- dvd burner
ALL IN NEARLY-NEW CONDITION

Wanna know how much i paid? £69 (AKA $118) INCLUDING delivery

Producing has never been more affordable, no need to go out there and get the fastest pc possible.
"

Last edited:
To be totally honest, I would suggest you get a second hand computer from a friend of craigslist or whatnot, and spend the majority of the money on some decent software. (such as Reason)

Pick up a MIDI controller if you haven't got one already, and start getting sample packs.

Or.. spend the $500 on a computer and torrent software that could go wrong down the line and corrupt your setup. The choice is yours.

i'de say i agree with this 100 percent

Hello! I'm currently attending university and I've been working a little as much as I can, but I'm a little short on cash!

MY budget is about 500 bucks anyone know of a good desktop for this much?!

Thank you!

This is probably your best bet at that price range.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back