AKG or Sennheiser?

KingX

Order of St. Lazarus
Hello guys, this is my first post on FutureProducers, although I have been browsing around for years. The question I have is: between the Sennheiser HD600's and the AKG K701's, which one is better for mixing? I know your not supposed to mix on headphones, but I like to start a mix on some cans before I move to the nearfields. I am leaning toward the AKG's because I checked out the frequency response on headphone.com and the AKG's seem to be flater up until around 10k where they seem to drop off. (not to mention they're $150 cheaper:monkey:) Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

Not got the AKG 701's but I have AKG 271's MKII I have to say they're crisp and clear - the mid frequencies are lifted nicely, but I used them for mixing, what sounds great on the headphones didn't really translate to the monitors, use the monitors as priority now. If you buy them, have the option to exchange them for something else;), If you find they work well for you, well, lucky you, if not, make sure you can swap them for something more suitable.

Tanks Pherm, I'm gonna check those out when I get off work, and see if GC has them.

i prefer AKG.. the sound is very clear, moreover there's comfortable(it's important when you're mixing long time). even low frequency is okay!

gOEbJC

Yeah, they're so similar, but right now the AKG 702s (not the 701s) are actually on a HUGE sale.

Check it out:

http://goo.gl/E3qVl1

-Ki
Salem Beats

If you have a big head (like me) make sure you try to wear the AKG for at least 60 minutes straight before buying them. TO me they became too clampy and I teared them off realizing they was not for me. Sold them. I got Sennz now, namely the HD 650 and the HD 800.
But the sound on the AKGs is decent. Just could not wear them.

If you have a big head (like me) make sure you try to wear the AKG for at least 60 minutes straight before buying them. TO me they became too clampy and I teared them off realizing they was not for me. Sold them. I got Sennz now, namely the HD 650 and the HD 800.
But the sound on the AKGs is decent. Just could not wear them.

Senn 800s are SOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive, lol:
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 800 Over-Ear Circum-Aural Dynamic Headphone: Electronics

Senn 600s are a good price/performance ratio, too:
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 600 Open Dynamic Hi-Fi Professional Stereo Headphones (Black): Musical Instruments

But I'd still go with that AKG sale before they clear stock and the sale ends:
Amazon.com: AKG K702 Headphones: Electronics

All 3 headphones mentioned in this post, frequency-wise (response is very close amongst the 3):

zDDk5T

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back