Akai EIE Pro

anaujiram

Sup everyone , what you think about this interface ? I wll use it to link my montors and other purpose .

i currently use an alesis io2 express so i was wondering if i would see some improvement switching with this interface .

If you know some good interface around 250 $ let me know still open for suggestion .

I have one. It has pros and cons, and to me the cons outweigh the pros so i wouldn't get another. On the plus side it has 4 in, 4 out and 4 inserts. It's solid. The tactile switches have a nice feel. The meters are a cool addition when recording. It's a USB hub.

On the negative side there isn't enough clean gain on the preamps, so you have 4 inputs that are inadequate for a number of mics. At 4 inputs it should have been assumed that the user was going to do a moderate amount of recording so the preamps really should have been better. The meters appear redundant on output as they seem to monitor the output gain knob's position, not any part of the incoming signal. Driver support is unacceptable as of late for OSX. You also can't link it together with more inputs so you're stuck with 4. I knew this when i bought it of course but at the time i thought 4 would be enough so it didn't matter. It does matter since the interface will now be unusable as an additional piece of gear.

If you're on a MAC you'd have to create an aggregate driver to use more than one interface. On PC, you can use ASIO4All to do this.

Thanks for the advice yada and cphoenix , i bought a roland quad capture finally .

sound really crisp and clean , def sound better than my io2 express . I recommend it for sure.

Last edited:
Back