Thread: Swap: Korg padKontrol for Akai MPD 32

youngregin is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Swap: Korg padKontrol for Akai MPD 32

Sign in to disable this ad
    Does anybody want to trade me my Korg padKontrol for an Akai MPD 32?

Will post pics as soon as I get home...

Solacerodgers is offline audio engineer
    Thanks
    little price dif there???

Thanks
    You're right...I went and traded it in and paid the difference for an MPD. I'm done for the year though.

hanzalo is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    hey young is there a specific reason you wanted to swap? i've been looking at both, and i was leaning towards the padkontrol, as i don't really need all the faders, but after using both, which one feels better to you?

thanks

SUPERBANANABOMB is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    The MPD is most definitely better. Hands down.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

And you might not think you need the faders and knobs, but you do! Assign them shits to midi control effects levels and whatnot...
    MPC 1000 w/ JJOS - Korg ESX - Korg EA-1 - Ensoniq EPS 16+ - Waldorf MicroQ - Roland Alpha Juno 2 - Yamaha TX81z - Mackie CR1604 - random rackmount and pedal effects

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzalo View Post
    hey young is there a specific reason you wanted to swap? i've been looking at both, and i was leaning towards the padkontrol, as i don't really need all the faders, but after using both, which one feels better to you?

thanks
    I think the padKontrol is a great controller, but I got annoyed with having to hit space bar all the time to start and stop, and there are no quick keys when you want to record something in Reason/Record. With the MPD, you have start/stop/ff/rewind/record buttons, as well as the knobs and faders. If you use Props stuff, as well as other stuff, they have maps already built in for them, which is pretty cool. It's all a matter of preference though, but so far I'm liking the MPD better for what I do. The XY pad on the padKontrol was cool, but I didn't use it much. The MPD32 is bigger in size though, so take that into consideration. It makes the Trigger Finger and the padKontrol and the smaller MPDs look wimpy. lol...

-Young

Thread Information