Serious help needed with Filter Disco House

R

Ruler

Evening, Greetings from South Africa. The name is Ruler.
I am a fan of house music in it's variety and I might call myself some what of an aspiring producer. For a long time I have been a huge fan of the filter disco sound popularized by acts such as Daft Punk, DJ Sneak, Armand van Helden and Olav Basoski, to name a few. For years I have been fascinated by those sweeping low pass filters as they did their thing on sampled disco and funk loops. Lately I have realized that this sound is not as popular as it was in the late 90s. When I first heard the sound in 2000, I was around 7, 8 years old. I am now 21 and I find most of my fellow producer peers at the same age doing electro based dance music.

This is primarily why am starting this thread. Following the decreased popularity of this sound, less tutorials are aimed at equipping aspirant disco house producers with the right set of complete information on how to revive this sound. I was hoping some of you might be willing to fill me in on eq tips to bring life to my disco loops and to make them sit right in the mix. I also need info on using a low passed version of my loop as a bass line, how do i mix it in to balance it with the rest of the mix. Anything else you might want to share would be much appreciated. Most of the youtube vids do not offer much in depth information on these matters. Oh and by the way I use FL Studio often rewired to Reason. and please go easy as I'm still a noob though I've been doing this for 5 years or so. Cheers, Thanks:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Back