Need some tips from the pro's

I completely agree on the idea of improving the quality of your given mic...we all do it.

I'm just saying he will save a lot of headache if he saves up cash instead and start with something decent instead of something you have to work hours at to get to the point of decency.

i think thats the problem that many of the rappers have.I have been reading production techniques on many forums and 80 % of the question are:
"Hey I'am just starting,can u tell me what equipment should I by?"
Like we can see, many of the ,,beginners,, dont even have idea of what production is really meant to be.Hip hop ,the real hip hop - You cant be rich and continue to produce raw hip hop ( Krs 1) .I am not recording for fame ,not for money,just recording for the love of the culture for godsake and asked some ways of improving my production ( Actually the main subject was is akg d44s is worth for that kind of recordings ) .I will continue reading about production and continue to follow ure advices and put them on test.My point was, you should start with cheap equipment so you can feel what u are getting into.You know,many of them start with cheap mic ,and 2 days after they just ,,retire from the scene ,, because they cant handle Eq or compressors the right way.U will learn the basics if u start cheap and u , I MEAN YOU will know what u need when u develop ure ,,ear,, for production WITHOUT asking what equipment u need ( i mean equipment like preamp,soundcard ... for the mics u should really ask around ) .
Anyway ,shure sm57 and 58 are quite good,i have read many reviews and had a chance to spit only 4 bars once on the 58 lol and they were quite good , also i heard that because of the aggresive lyrics that rappers have,its better to have dynamic mic ,like the shure sm58 mic.The thing is i dont have the money.
I appreciate the help ure giving to me...Thanks again
ps. no arguments please no homo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back