Lots of random gear for sale

SUPERBANANABOMB

I am located in MO, USA and I'd prefer to keep sales within the United States. I take Paypal and all shipping/packing/insurance/Paypal costs are paid by the buyer. I have loads of references as a good seller from e-mail lists, forums, etc. Here we go... !

Casio CZ-3000 synth. I like it and all, but I don't feel that I NEED it. It works great aside from the fact that a couple of buttons need to be pressed "just right" sometimes. Perhaps it just needs a little cleaning. $160 obo

Roland HS-80 synth. This is the "home version" of the Alpha Juno 2 with built-in speakers. The synth looks good and works just fine aside from two minor flaws:

1. One of the keys transmits at maximum velocity. Easy fix, but I just haven't felt like getting to it.
2. Under the bank/patch select buttons, #5 and #6 don't appear to work. It's been like this since I got it. The others work fine, and to be honest, it's never been an issue for me.

Also, I should mention the fact that the aftertouch doesn't really work, but that's pretty much a given when it comes to most Rolands. $160 obo

(Or buy both the CZ/Juno for $300!)

A Tascam 1/4" patch bay. I think it's half-normalled but I'm not sure. I can check. I have another patchbay that serves my needs, so it can go. $15 obo

Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. Your basic distortion pedal. $20 obo

Behringer FM-600 filter pedal. Like new aside from velcro. $25 obo

One-of-a-kind circuit bent Ibanez "scuzz box" pedal. Totally trashy! $25 obo

EHX Big Muff Pi. Good shape, works just fine. $50 obo

(buy all 4 of the pedals together for $110..)

Korg EA-1 Electribe. Used condition with some scuffs and scratches. Works great, but does not include a power adapter. You can snag one on eBay for like $6 or so. $90 obo

Deltalab Effectron digital delay. This is the ADM 256 model. It works great and it's in great shape aside from some minor rack rash. I actually *really* like the sound of this unit. I've compared it to many other digital delays and this is actually my favorite one. I won't be sad if I don't find anyone to buy. The only reason why I'm letting it go is because I think that a Boss RE-20 might be a better fit for me right now. "Flower Pot Guy" on eBay is trying to sell one for $337.50 right now, lol! I'd like to get $125 obo for it.

Tascam 424 mk1 cassette 4-track recorder. This is in fantastic "mint" condition. Comes with power supply, manual, and maybe even the original box if I can find it. $150 obo

I'd really prefer to sell multiple items at a time to cut down on trips made to the post office... as you can see, this stuff is priced to move.

pictures?

Are you seriously interested in buying anything? I can take pics if you really need them, but I've found that people who ask for pics are typically time wasters. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but I don't wanna take the time to go snap a bunch of photos unless I know you're serious about buying something, so let me know what you're interested in, and please don't waste my time.

I'm interested in the juno, the cz possibly and the ds1.. Shoot me a shipping estimate and then I'll make an Offer

Last edited:
I'm interested in the juno, the cz possibly and the ds1.. Shoot me a shipping estimate and then I'll make an Offer

My estimate without boxing anything up would be that it would cost about $155 dollars to ship that stuff, depending on where you live. I'm figuring $75 per keyboard and $5 for the pedal. I wouldn't know for sure until I got it boxed up and taken in for a quote though. I usually just take my stuff to UPS for their packing + shipping service because I don't have a lot of packing materials on hand... especially or something that size.

But if you were really serious about buying I could go find materials and box them up myself and then see if the post office or UPS would give me a better rate. I just don't wanna go through that hassle unless I know for sure you're committed to buying. Keep in mind that I need to recoup the cost of the packing materials (box, bubble wrap, tape, etc) in addition to the shipping costs. I take Paypal but unless you send the payment through as a gift, I need 3.5% on top of the total cost to cover Paypal fees. I am an honest, up-front seller with tons of references. I've been around the block for years and don't mess around.

Last edited:
for that price I can find them locally, thanks anyway!

How are you going to find both a CZ-3000 and a HS-80 locally? They don't exactly pop up very often. Also, what did you expect shipping costs would be? Even with the shipping costs included, that's still a good deal for a CZ and Alpha Juno 2... about $225 each shipped to your door. Not a bad deal at all.

*sigh* This is why I don't post much stuff for sale on FutureProducers anymore. I get tons of questions and PM's, but in the end NOBODY commits to buying anything.

Last edited:
Well SBB, if you're looking for an outside observer's opinion (and even if you're not, it's too late), I was kind of interested in a few of the smaller items. But when somebody posts about how many great references they have, and they sell on ebay all the time, but they feel it's too much work to post pictures (???), and then they want to charge as much or more than one of the individual items for shipping... Well then... Yeah. It kind of gives one-- pause.

GJ

not just that, if he is selling via ebay then he eats paypal fees there too and they do not allow him to pad the price to reflect what they charge

on these two terms alone - shipping and charging even more to cover paypal fees smells just a little too much for my liking

almost as bad as the Chinese sellers that will sell you a high cost item at a shade under $1000 (upper limit on tax free imports into Australia) and then pad the postage to to bring the price back to what they actually want you to pay (postage/shipping is typically 1/3 of what they tell you, but they pad it to regain their profit margin)

Last edited:
I only provided a shipping estimate, not actual shipping costs. I can't do anything about shipping prices. However, I do ship a lot of gear pretty frequently, but I don't have any sort of business account at places like UPS, Fedex, etc... so I don't get discounts. I'd say that $75 is a decent estimate for either of these synths, which includes packing and shipping costs. In fact, it might even be higher than that. I put these items up for sale here because I prefer to not sell on eBay, and since I did it quickly, I didn't feel like taking photos of each individual item. I have no problem taking pics for seriously interested buyers, but in my experience it seems as though people who ask for pics (on this site in particular) are a bunch of time-wasting tire-kickers. They want pics, they ask a bunch of asinine questions that could be answered with a simple Google search and basically just waste a bunch of time. This is especially true on this site. Sooooo many time-wasters. I'm not trying to be offensive; I'm just blunt. As far as asking people to pay via the "gift" option or cover PP fees, that's not uncommon at all. Check out the "gear for sale" threads/forums on other sites, e-mail lists, Facebook groups, etc. Nearly everyone asks to be paid this way. I hate, hate, hate selling on eBay -- it is a last resort and I only use it when I can't sell locally (which is preferred) or via a forum or e-mail list.

Last edited:
The veracity of your claims, the honesty of your preferred payment method, the accuracy of your calculations (or non-calculations), the difficulty or lack thereof of taking and posting digital photos of the items in question and the positive impact said photos can have on sales, and the gestalt of how these factors effect your overall credibility...

GJ

The veracity of your claims, the honesty of your preferred payment method, the accuracy of your calculations (or non-calculations), the difficulty or lack thereof of taking and posting digital photos of the items in question and the positive impact said photos can have on sales, and the gestalt of how these factors effect your overall credibility...

GJ

My credibility comes from my references. I've sold to many people on this forum, and hundreds elsewhere. See my post count? 99% of my posts were made in this sub-forum. I've put in a lot of work.

My claims are 100% accurate. My preferred payment method is Paypal, and I don't think that I should eat 3.5% 'just because.' I want to be paid via the "gift" option (so they don't take their greedy little cut of my money) or I want the seller to add 3.5% to the total to offset the fees. Those are my terms, and if people don't agree to those terms, they do not need to buy from me. Simple as that. The accuracy of my calculations comes into play? The HS-80 is just shy of 31 lbs. unpacked, and nearly 40" long and 14" deep. The CZ-3000 comes in at a mere 26 lbs. and similar dimensions. So tell me, how much do YOU think it would cost me to obtain an appropriately-sized box and bubble wrap and then ship one of these beasts to the Northeast? I'm pretty sure that my estimate of $75 is damn close to the actual amount. As far as posting photos goes, I've already explained that. Why does it even matter? All anyone has to do is say that they are seriously interested in buying a particular item and I'll go take some snaps of it, or I could describe any cosmetic or operational imperfections, if any.

I'm actually on the phone with UPS right now to get a quote on these keyboards... *waiting*... WOW! I gave the dude at the UPS store a Rhode Island ZIP code just for an example of shipping to the Northeast. Shipping one of these keyboards there would be $65. (I wasn't far off.) However, they would charge me $75 (more) to pack it! WTF. I'd definitely have to do it myself. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that a box that big plus enough bubble wrap and packing materials to safely box a synth up would be more than $10, so if anything, my original estimate of $75 is low. Don't believe me? Call your local UPS store with the weight and dimensions I gave you and use my ZIP code (65201) to get a quote.

Last edited:
To put things into perspective, I've been selling used music gear via the internet since about 1998. I've bought and sold on this forum and basically every other music gear related forum you can imagine. (Gearslutz, Muffwiggler, Elektronauts, Harmony Central, et al.) Also, I've been an active member of the Analogue Heaven / Digital Hell community for 15 or so years, conducting countless deals. There is nothing shady about me whatsoever, or are my business practices out of the ordinary. I was reluctant to even put up my FS ad on this site because it has historically been a monumental waste of time, and this thread is cementing that notion into place.

first of all, theres no need for hostility, I just asked a question, you gave me a quote and I replied that I was not interested in the price.

second, these do actually come up quite often as i live near nyc. (HS80 excluded, but im actually looking for the alpha juno version)

regarding the pictures, its just common courtesy to post pictures of what your selling, nobody is asking for detailed picture of every item, but taking a simple snap of the items cant take more than 5 minutes including taking the picture and uploading it.

anyway, good luck with your sale, im sorry we were unable to work out a transaction

Back