Anyone using the M-Audio 1010?

SoulGhost

Not the LT version just the regular 1010.
Have you had any problems with it?
Was it worth the money?
How is the over-all sound and tracking capability?

Peace

I used the LT version for years (it's more or less the same thing, without the breakout box) - no problems, rock solid and ok sound. Worth the money? Yes, as those don't cost much anything these days. After all, this originally came out in 2000, so I guess it's somewhat of a testament to its usefulness that it's still available.

Yeah i have the LT but have had constant problems with it for the past few years.
I was thinking of switching to the 1010 just to make life easier but i actually just might go with a
multi track recorder,like the AW1600 or something.

Peace

What kind of problems? The LT is essentially the same thing, so if there are some incompatibilities in your system, the non-LT version will most likely inhibit the same issues.

Just with routing and tracking from the MPC.Seems to always be a hassle.
SWU and mixer settings seem to always cause i problem but i think it's time for me to just get a
multi track recorder so i can get away from the computer anyways.

Peace

The 1010 is a bit long in the tooth these days and you could probably do a lot better now in terms of sound however PCI and PCIe still kicks ass over everything else provided you have decent drivers, PCI is especially good in regard to MIDI input Vs USB, output is usually better but not as good with a popper compensation protocol in place, like I use MIDEX USB interfaces with Cubase and LTB delivers great MIDI output timing.

Routing should be handled within your DAW, your not trying use some audio interface control panel routing shit are you?

No,i route it through pro tools or S1,only problem is sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't.
No biggie though,it's just a hassle when i work on something for an hour and then can't track
it out.

peace

re

Ive used them lots in the past and they are pretty good cards with 10 ins and outs, for the price. krushing is right it says something about their engineering that they haven't changed it or the 192 in many years. I used LT also but they are the same.

Back