Zebra2 CPU overload

Sequence2

So i'm currently running on a 15" Macbook pro
Processor: 2GHz, Inter Core i7
Memory 8Gb 1333 MHz DDR3

I know when it comes to producing tracks, desktops are probably more suitable as they can handle more processing and what not (depending on whats inside that is)
But I just loaded up a random patch in Zebra2 and hit 4 keys.. sent my CPU up to 120%??
I have never had this happen with any other VST (Sylenth1, Nexus2, Access Virus desktop, Novation v-station)
There is a ton of Modulation going on with this specific patch.. Am I crazy for purchasing Zebra2 as I am starting to think that I wont be able to use this synth to its full potential :/

Anyone else out there using a simple macbook pro with Zebra2? How are you guys finding the CPU drain while using the VST?

i have an i5 and havent had an issue using Zebra2 but sometimes polyphony can really drag CPU...

not sure it might be all the automation, maybe you should start bouncing and resampling that section

Yeah the thing is.. I always program my own patches.
Never do I ever use the ones that come stock with the program itself.. so hopefully in my adventure through the VST I wont be using patches that set my SPU to 120% lol
thanks for the reply

Back