Zebra Is The Most Powerful Synth

Handmade

Just watched some tutorials on U-he Zebra. So many damn options, don't know what to do lol. There's the oscillators, effects, LFO's, phase/sync for the oscillators, a whole bunch of FX for each osc, multiple voices, detune, filters, 16 different waves every osc, damn. Just so many different features all very organized. My favorite synth as of now with Omnisphere. What y'all think?

Recently read the manual/ started making sound with the synth.. it's by far the best VST I own (sylenth1/ Massive are close, but Zebra2 takes the cheese)
I'd recommend it to anyone who is a fan of synthesis

Zebra has the best presets for patches that resumble live sounds... easily.

But I wouldn't be too quick to say that Sylenth or others "can't do it". If you're gifted in sound design.. you'd be amazed at what you can do with less-reputable softsynths.

But I do personally think Zebra sounds slightly better than Sylenth and Gladiator. Gladiator is my goto b/c I understand the workflow in it the best and I can get it sounding very very good. But Zebra and Sylenth sounds so good.. especially the presets.

I hear u-he has some new synths out (Diva and another one)... i'm not sure how they stack up to Zebra b/c I haven't used em, but Diva is the one that everybody's talking about now.

I also found out about Zebra2, I hardly ever use more than the osc, filters, and effects, and it does the job well. Also if you get Zebra2, you can upgrade to Zebra3 for 30USD, it definately is coming up if it hasn't already.

Totally agree with OP. Have you checked out the HZ version yet, very nice filters (developed Hans Zimmers production in the 2012 batman movie - hence the Zebra HZ).

Worth checking out Ace also and of course DIVA if you want that analog vibe and you have a good cpu.

Zebra2 is great! And it comes with tools like Zebrify and a reverb (I don't remember the name). To be honest I prefer ACE because of his analog sound. Zebra2 sounds digital...In my opinion it's the king of digital synths, it does not try to emulate analog. Of course, this is not a bad thing, it simply has a digital sound palette.

Zebra is 'cool', but not the most powerful...maybe in CPU terms yea. I like some of their sounds, but I wasn't convinced over my current collection

Back