Your Single Most Expensive Plugin (No Bundles)

You broke the rules, you said no bundles!

ozone_bundle.png

Ozone 5 is a bundle, but you just don't think of it that way. ;)

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

I respectfully disagree.

I don't see how you could possibly disagree!

The all-in-one version of the tool comes with several different processing units.
In the Ozone 5 Advanced bundle, each of the tools is also available as an individual stand-alone plugin (as I displayed in my screenshot above).
Finally, the bundle comes with Insight, the natural extension of a part of the bundle formerly known as Meter Tap.

I own a copy of Ozone Advanced:

vbpxH5

but I don't consider it eligible for this challenge because it's actually a bundle. ;)

Give me a bit of time to think of my most expensive individual plugin and I'll come back with it.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

Last edited:
2C Audio's Aether is the most expensive I've got at the moment. (250$)

@Modus Operandi, it doesn't really get more bundle than Waves Mercury.

Last edited:
2C Audio's Aether is the most expensive I've got at the moment. (250$)

I tried a demo of Aether a long time ago.
I already have ValhallaRoom, IK's CSR, TrueVerb, ToraVerb, Guitar Rig's verbs, Reaktor's verbs, and my DAW's stock verbs.
I couldn't find a niche that would justify the price tag.

@Modus Operandi, it doesn't really get more bundle than Waves Mercury.

Lol.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

I have valhalla room, shimmer and vintage, Cubase stock ones (which are really great to be honest) and Aether. If you already have all those plugins you've got then yeah I agree it might be difficult to find it worth that price. But where Aether excels is its effect-like reverbs which sound truly amazing and nothing like I've ever heard before.. Some very interesting algorithms in that one. I use it for most of my reverb needs, but seeing as it can be quite cpu hungry I'm wondering if I should invest in its little brother Breeze.

Last edited:
I have valhalla room, shimmer and vintage, Cubase stock ones (which are really great to be honest) and Aether. If you already have all those plugins you've got then yeah I agree it might be difficult to find it worth that price. But where Aether excels is its effect-like reverbs which sound truly amazing and nothing like I've ever heard before.. Some very interesting algorithms in that one. I use it for most of my reverb needs, but seeing as it can be quite cpu hungry I'm wondering if I should invest in its little brother Breeze.

Back when I was "verb-hungry",
I was going to pick up TSAR-1, Redline Reverb, and a couple of other verbs on top of what I already have.

I found that by reading the manuals and really tapping into the settings for CSR and ValhallaRoom,
I could basically get the verbs to sound exactly how I wanted them.

In my experience, Aether is yet another great reverb,
and where it really shines in comparison with other verbs is the usability of its presets.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back when I was "verb-hungry",
I was going to pick up TSAR-1, Redline Reverb, and a couple of other verbs on top of what I already have.

I found that by reading the manuals and really tapping into the settings for CSR and ValhallaRoom,
I could basically get the verbs to sound exactly how I wanted them.

In my experience, Aether is yet another great reverb,
and where it really shines in comparison with other verbs is the usability of its presets.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be buying any more reverbs than what I've got right now.. I'm really happy with Aether and I kind of feel like all the ones I've got right now is too much already, but I got Aether before I got Cubase. Ableton (when I still used that) did not exactly host the greatest reverb.. I actually thought it sucked quite hard and never used it so I picked up some of my own. And now with Cubase which has 3 reverbs of its own I'm pretty much set.

Haven't spent much time with the presets on it though.

Last edited:
Ill agree ABleton Reverb is clear and much unnoticed. But I like that sometimes for some mixes, Its natural. Great for not being "too present"

Plus there are so many adjustments I can make on it. I love that. With compression I can truly make it dense and stick out too if I want with tail.(Longer)

Last edited:
Back