Wrong Mixdown in Cubase 6

luigi1971

Good morning everyone.

I am experiencing a quite unusual situation with the mixdown in Cubase (hopefully due to my limited capacity).

My project consists of a few tracks VST (Kontakt player) and a physical Virus TI Desktop (external then connected via USB). The Virus TI is seen from cubase as a normal VST, with the difference that is the Virus TI to generate sounds instead the PC. The sounds thus generated come back into the PC via the USB connection.

While listening to Cubase (playing the song) everything sounds perfectly, but when doing the mixdown and then listen to it (whether mp3 or wav), some tracks played by the Virus TI sounds without all the voices , for example, if a track consist of an arrangement for three voices , only one voice is played instead.

To make it even more difficult to understand the problem is that if I do the mixdown only for the portion of the song where there is this problem (including few bars before and after), everything sounds perfectly , like listening in Cubase (playing the song).

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated , thank-you very much to all.

Last edited:
sounds like a polyphony issue - the biggest bugbear of early MIDI performances where notes are lost due to the number of voices required to play certain lines at any one time - best bet render each track the Virus is used on as a separate line (1 note per line, i.e. break chordal parts into individual lines) to wav and then do the mix after this point

Tried realtime mix down? (as in play through the song during print of the file)
I know that has fixed a flaw with some plugs on a friend of mines setup recently.

Last edited:
At bandcoach: I don't believe it's a polyphony matter, if so, The problem will appear during playback.
At Heyclown: I will try both realtime and not and let you know.

Thankyou

Luigi

Back