Who's music inspires you the most and why

dogbo415

Im interested to know your opinions on this. hopefully we can all find a new producer or artist from this thread.
Ive learned alooooot from Ikeda's Ep MidiSwordBeatNinja the textures and composition have inspired me alot. but this is my opinion and based off where im at musically right now. tell me yours... the ep I spoke about earlier can be found here ikeda.bandcamp.com

pharrell williams, because he is the best. he is god.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

i mean good...

Hmm that is hard. B cox is one of my top favs. I like to take different things from Kanye, pharrell,timbo and Dj Khaled too.

Porter Robinson, man. That guy's unique as hell and I learn a lot of ways to stylize between hard and trancy momentums. Same with Mord Fustang.

"Never look or wait for inspiration" = Dumbest thing I've read.. & I'm a Sound Designer lol

Dogbo415..

Watching a movie can inspire one based off visuals alone..

Waiting until one is in a more comfortable setting & mood can inspire.

Smoking.. as you've stated above, can inspire lol.

Anything that gets your brain stimulated.. even something that edges you out of your normal creative mood can inspire..

Take in everything.. - Keep nothing within.

For example..

I'm on my MacBookPro.. responding to your thread.. - My heat is on.. there's a low 'hiss/whistle' from it being that it's steam-heat.. - I also have my large fan on.. & it's making a low 'rotary' sound.. & that's the only sound in my condo right now.. except for me typing..

I can plug my SM7 into my Apogee Duet2.. - Record the ambient sound from both the fan & the heater valve.. (not letting the pressure from the valve nor the circulating air from the fan hit the mic directly, of course) open up Izotope's Iris.. or Kontakt.. or w/e.. add a few OSC.. might even plug a few Mooger Foogers in.. layer the sh!t out of it.. & bam.. make a track from that.

even "slience" can inspire.. [I don't believe in silence though..]

Inspiring Music

I have a multiple of inspiring artists in my catalog of music. But I really look to The Bellringer for inspiration. his new Album Unstoppable is a very strong and powerful album.

Theres alot of artists that i check out before hitting the MPC or Maschine / live instruments.. if i feel like doing something with live sound.. ill watch a few Ryan Leslie studio videos..
Sampling ill check out some of Swizz Beatz videos, gets me in the beat mode!
Check out Swizzys instagram.. videos of him making beats on his MPC, on top of his Mustang hood. Lol!

For me, inspiration comes from nearly everything. For example, I ran across some church bell sounds when looking for "ambient" samples, and bam! There's my last song (the one's in my sig). As for artists, there's just too much of them to name, but it ranges from the most unknown underground black metal bands to EDM big names like Noisia, Skrillex and such.

There not new but boards of canada always inspire me.

A more new producer that i love is Saso Recyd, his burial remix is insane

Life...

That's what inspires me. And it's the only thing that should, or else I run the risk of telling someone else's story. And the world already has enough fake asses doing that.

Back