Where to get hard samples like theses? (Gambino)

crimsonhawk47

I use a lot of native instruments stuff. Unfortunately, I'm not necessarily looking for natural strings and horns all the time. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get harder samples like these.

I know the choir is Logic's gospel sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
use down bow only string samples (you may need to keyswitch these) and aggressive horns to get that sound

Well I wasn't trying to recreate the sound necessarily, just have the samples to be able to. I don't have any aggressive horns or downbow strings, unless you're referring to Kontakt (which to me doesn't get as aggressive as this song).

so use vsl strings load the violin ensemble and the viola ensemble make the respond to the same midi channel set the patch for each to sforzando and use varying amounts of velocity to make the sound gnarly.

Maybe also load the cello ensemble patch and use all three to create a massive sound - use the output for each sound to balance the overall levels

choose whether to play the cello at the same octave or the octave below

on the horns

load vsl french horn ensemble and trombone ensemble select patch as sforzando

add tuba and trumpet ensemble to provide depth or bite tuba at the octave below and the trumpet in its lowest octave only, set balance with each ensembles output level

so use vsl strings load the violin ensemble and the viola ensemble make the respond to the same midi channel set the patch for each to sforzando and use varying amounts of velocity to make the sound gnarly.

Maybe also load the cello ensemble patch and use all three to create a massive sound - use the output for each sound to balance the overall levels

choose whether to play the cello at the same octave or the octave below

on the horns

load vsl french horn ensemble and trombone ensemble select patch as sforzando

add tuba and trumpet ensemble to provide depth or bite tuba at the octave below and the trumpet in its lowest octave only, set balance with each ensembles output level

This does get a pretty good sound, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Or maybe they just compressed it to oblivion and that's what I'm hearing. I thought maybe that was just the instrumental but it really sounds like that's the case in the final song.

maybe play with the release on all of these as well - the hit hanging on may make it a little too tame for your taste

Back