What's your favorite "workstation" software in 2017?

World Wide

What is your favorite all-around "workstation" software/plugin currently?

You know... one thing with a little bit of everything: pianos, strings, bass, guitar, brass, basic synth, etc.

And let's keep it reasonably priced... say around $300-$400 tops.

Sampletank 3?
Nexus?
Reason?
Kontakt?

Something else I don't even know about?

Just looking for opinions.

Yo toots, Reason is a modular environment that also happens to be a daw.
Synthedit/reaktor/max/msp etc are not digital audio workstations and you need to do research.

I've tried a few dozen daws during my time away from fl studio[the daw I retired] and have come to the conclusion that you didn't do the same.
By that ignorant definition, industry standard protools isn't a daw either.

Thanks. Either answer the original question please or be on your way.

I used the word "plugin" in the original post. I gave a detailed explanation of what I was talking about ("You know... one thing with a little bit of everything: pianos, strings, bass, guitar, brass, basic synth, etc."). I gave several examples of the type of VSTs that I am talking about.

If you still couldn't understand what I was talking about... You're probably a Trump supporter.

So thanks for your input. This will be the final time I address trolls here.

Anyone else have any input regarding the original question?

A DAW (digital Audio Workstation) is a Workstation by definition and of course Workstation used to refer to the actual computer on which one would run digital audio software like Cubase but now people use DAW to refer to just the software so lets not get all hung up on semantics here because hardly anyone uses the term properly now anyway.

Now as for the actual question at hand I really like Reason for it's immediacy and I also like Reaktor for it's customization and Kontakt too which being a sampler is what we used to refer to as a workhorse or bread and butter instrument but I wouldn't call Kontakt a bread and butter plugin because that just doesn't sound right.

Back