Whats everyone one using for studio monitors

What monitors can compete with KRK's? Almost everything, lol. The vxt line is pretty popular but depending on the price range, Focal, Yamaha, Dynaudio, and Genelec blow them out of the water.

BTW, did you notice that you posted in the "Software" section?

Last edited:
KRK's are a classic line of decent and affordable monitor speakers. I have the 6 line which have been working great for 3 years and going.

Been a week with the Equators. They suck. That's all. Don't buy them. Get one pair of the usual three products people say.....stay away from the Equator D5s! Thanks!

This post is a joke btw.......

Last edited:
ADAM A7X/ADAM SUB7
Last update was from Genelec 8030.
Prior to that I had Fostex PM1.

With the ADAMs I´ve come to a point where my mixes sound pretty much well mixed anywhere I go.
I guess that has a lot to do with mixing skills too. But I never became familar with the Genelecs.

I´m gonna stick with this monitoring for a long time. So much other things to spend money on. HDX Card is one :)

So if you get the Yamaha Hs80 there really isnt a need for subs

Right. But I find a better balance with a sub and smaller speakers. It gives a more accurate idea of what the bass will sound like in a car or 2.1 strep set. I keep th sub volume knob low too. It's easy to overdo.

I have been using Audiotechnica M50 headphones and some Harman and Kardon computer speakers for a long while. I have been too broke to buy any nice speakers at the moment but i have managed to get decent mixes over the past couple of years.

I have been looking at the Adam A3X/A7X (pricey), Genelecs or the Yamaha HS80m

Back