What VST should I use to create this sound?

AnthonyLF1025

First off, this is my very first post on this forum, so I'm not too sure where this should be created, but I was wondering what vst and sound I should use to make a certain sound in a song.

This is the song (edit. guess i can't post links, so the song is quas by sam gellaitry. if you google Sam Gellaitry - Quas, and click the first link, it'll be a reddit link; that's the song.)

I'm trying to find the synth sound that's played out throughout most of the song. It starts in the very beginning. I'm guessing it's played in chords too. I use FL Studio and I have Nexus, Massive, Sylenth1, and Gladiator installed. I've only been using making beats for a couple of months, so I don't know the technicalities of recreating a certain sound, so if someone could help, can you describe it as easily as possible, thanks.

First off, this is my very first post on this forum, so I'm not too sure where this should be created, but I was wondering what vst and sound I should use to make a certain sound in a song.

This is the song (edit. guess i can't post links, so the song is quas by sam gellaitry. if you google Sam Gellaitry - Quas, and click the first link, it'll be a reddit link; that's the song.)

I'm trying to find the synth sound that's played out throughout most of the song. It starts in the very beginning. I'm guessing it's played in chords too. I use FL Studio and I have Nexus, Massive, Sylenth1, and Gladiator installed. I've only been using making beats for a couple of months, so I don't know the technicalities of recreating a certain sound, so if someone could help, can you describe it as easily as possible, thanks.

You cant describe how to make a sound 'as easy as possible' the only way you're gonna learn synthesis is if you just do it trial and error. You cant really teach someone a formula that goes "waveform A + Waveform B = this sound"

synthesis is usually accomplished by just playing around and sometimes making 'good' mistakes. Could almost guarantee most good sounds or leads created from nothing were made through a lot of blind parameter changes and just tweaking things till they got it..You can know the direction to go, but there is no formula to go from initialized patch to the sound you want.

i havent listened to the song you wanted me to, I'm just saying in general. The lead in the song is irrelevant. People can tell you generally what to do, but its not gonna produce that same sound you're looking for.

Last edited:
I'd mess around with Sylenth, its less complicated for beginners, then move on to Nexus then Massive being the most complicated... not a fan of Gladiator

bro, its a pretty simple synth: u can emulate it using anny synth wich has at least 3 oscilators, and detuning parameters. a nice aproach would be:
osc 1- Saw
osc2- Saw
osc3- white noise (at very low volume)
-put some detuning and filter saturation on them
and then let the filter lfo lfo do the work
maybe u should try adding some chorus and phaser.

Back