what recording software do you use?

charlie morgan

I have been asked to do a graph on what software is the most popular for a college assignment, so if you could tell me what software you use to record and why would be great thanks

have you thought about skimming the sw threads for the polls from the past and using them to create an overview of opinion over the last few years?

to help you immediately I use Cubase 5.5.3, Reason 4-8.1, reaper, pure data, finale notepad, musecore, MCMusicEditor (An ABC editor with postscript, pdf and mid capabilities), BiaB2012, Komplete 8, Audacity, several other nameless vsts

the whys are many but all relate to their specific usefulness for particular work routines

Hello Charlie,

I personally use Pro Tool's to record any audio that I need, the workflow for me is better and should I need any additional instruments I could always load up a RTAS plugin to get the job done. I have been using this software since I started my music journey back in 2004. I hope this information helps you in your class and should you have any more in depth questions feel free to contact me.

for recording and editing i usually use reaper but for basic tasks audacity does fine, FL can be a pain to record with at times

Ableton Live 9, Logic Pro X, Protools 8 and FL Studio. I like to chop and change between them once i hit a brick wall. Once i start using one for to long then i find my self in a loop so switching up changes the way i think and changes my work flow. Also helps when you collab.

i don't know exactly what you're asking. for making music i use fl studio and ableton (with reason rewired usually) but i rarely record audio such as vocals into those. i make the music in those, export and record the vocals in reaper.

Back