What are good VSTs for Trap/Hiphop

Bryce.

Hello,
I have just bought a new windows PC and have downloaded fl studio for it. I want to know what some good synth, piano and other VSTs would be good for making Trap, Hiphop, Dubstep, and rap beats. Im looking for some VSTs that are free or pretty cheap. In addition, I am also looking for drums, bass and 808 sample packs.

Thank you for your recommendations!

Last edited:
nexus, arturia v, omnisphere really any vst man when searching for vsts don't limit yourself to just hip hop because music is universal

For trap and hip hop you can use any synth you want, if you want to create your own sound (it's cheaper) you had to learn sound design, after that there are some vst like nexus or sylenth1. For drums, there no secret you can buy good drums kit or ask Google for "free drums kit" or "free trap drums kit" also there are lot of tuto to learn how to create your own 808 and drum kit.

Good luck

Kontakt is my favorite for instruments. The Roland Fantom library is really the only soundbank I've used but it's great. For anything natural sounding kontakt is my goto. I also use massive, sylenth, FM8, and Harmor but I always find myself layering synths from Sylenth and FM8. Then for a sub bass 3xOSC which comes with FL or Massive. You can create great sounding music from everything that comes with FL. ( My favorites are Sytrus, Harmor, GMS, and Minisynth)

Last edited:
Like others have stated Kontakt is a great program to start with. Also if you own Sylenth here are a few articles you can read to help you create some free sounds to get you started, just head over to myaudiomarketplace.com/blog and you will be able to get some great sounding bass, pads and lead sounds.

Buy sylenth1 soft synthesizer, and look up tutorials on the sounds that you would like to design on Youtube. I really like Massive and Serum

Back