What do you think about Studio One 2.5?

Tad

to me this looks like a great daw, Studio one is a baby daw not because it lacks features but because its new-ish, compared to something like fl and logic. Had anyone used studio one? what do you think of it? I started on FL, "upgraded" to ableton like it allot, the piano roll is crappy compared to fl so bought a midi keyboard. Although ableton's live view is amazing, Im not a fan of the session view, studio one looks great but id love to hear your opinions like pros and cons. before i pull a plug on my purchase.

Studio 1 is my favorite D.A.W.
A lot better than most just doesn't get the credit it deserves.

The sequencer is easy to use,the drag and drop feature is crazy and the audio engine is very clean.
It's also not resource heavy at all.
Worth every penny in my opinion.

Peace

Studio 1 is my favorite D.A.W.
A lot better than most just doesn't get the credit it deserves.

The sequencer is easy to use,the drag and drop feature is crazy and the audio engine is very clean.
It's also not resource heavy at all.
Worth every penny in my opinion.

Peace

I have not done my research on this, But just to get this straight, Studio one does not include VST midi instruments/synths right? e.g. Ableton's impulse... But you can import VST midi instruments from other daw's right? if that the case ill just import all my shit into it. Im a massive midi guy so thats important.

Last edited:
I have not done my research on this, But just to get this straight, Studio one does not include VST midi instruments/synths right? e.g. Ableton's impulse... But you can import VST midi instruments from other daw's right? if that the case ill just import all my shit into it. Im a massive midi guy so thats important.

Studio One does come with some stock VSTs. "Impact" is an MPC. "Presence" has a reasonable library of synth and instrument sounds. There are a few others, plus a decent array of effects. But I only use them for a handful of sounds. They are very limited compared to the better-known VSTs.

Last edited:
Studio One does come with some stock VSTs. "Impact" is an MPC. "Presence" has a reasonable library of synth and instrument sounds. There are a few others, plus a decent array of effects. But I only use them for a handful of sounds. They are very limited compared to the better-known VSTs.
I do too, love my Razor, massive, nexus and sylenth... but its nice to have the stock vst's for some variation. btw im sold. placing my order now ^_^

Has everything you need right out of the box.
Like IPM said it has a few effects and instruments and you also get some dope library sounds.
It's still easy to use your own vsts'/vstis' also.

Peace

playing with the demo atm, Im beyond happy right now, ive used ableton, fl and a bit of logic. and I must say this is my favorite in terms of workflow, layout and look, love at first sight!

The workflow alone had me sold. In addition to the audio playback engine being very smooth (the ability to add/remove instruments and effects with no audio skips or pauses made me fall in love).

I've been using S1 since right before 1.5. It's gotten significantly better with every major upgrade, to the point where you can now do pretty much anything you need to do in S1, from conception to selling music. Couple that with things like Melodyne integration and wow.

The stock instruments are one of the weak points IMO. However.. you get some decent third party sounds to go with it. Softube saturation knob is also free with S1 (hopefully you can still find the promotion for it).
The other other weak points to note at the moment are that S1 doesnt have a great Mackie HUI implementation, so some of the expensive control surfaces are not well programmed with S1 without some user tweaking needed. It doesnt have much video editing capability, other than basic video playback thru its quicktime wrapper. Doesnt have super advanced midi options (but what it does have is more than enough for me. People complain about it not having midi effects and things of that nature.... i dont really care.. there are workarounds that feel just as simple). no bitbridge (however... bitbridges really suck anyway... just go full 64bit and be done with it).

I say the bove ust to be obective... but at the end of the day... none of that was a dealbreaker for me. i personally think its the best DAW on the planet. Only one I havent tried is Logic bc im on PC.

Been using it since 1.0, love it.. workflow and ease of use. I think they need to both improve and add new instruments.. I want to be able to chop samples similar to adobe audition, recycle and the way cubase does it.. that would be great, but other then that it's a great program

Agreed.Those are the only two weak points.
The Midi sync and not having some sort of dedicated sampler/editor.There are plenty of options to work around this.But the midi sync is the biggest problem.Definitely not a dealbreaker though.

Peace

Studio One V2 is amazing. I don't use it because I've already invested in Ableton and Cubase so I don't need another DAW, but if I were new to this and had to buy something today, knowing what I know, I'd go with Studio One.

Back