What do u guys think of Komplete 8 Ultimate?

A

ak21

Im thinkin about getting komplete 8 to take my production to the next level, i thought id ask what ur guys' opinions r before dishin out 1000 bucks? is it worth it? thanks

Take a look at the comparison chart on the NI site and ask yourself whether or not the additional Ultimate products are useful enough for you, compared to the vanilla Komplete.

Komplete 8 is pretty good. I don't use all the instruments and effects though, if you just need a few more synths it might be better getting them separately or from another company. You also get a stack of sounds and samples with Komplete. Best to ask a mate that has it and have a go at it.

Its very complete. Do you need it all? That is debatable and really depends on you. If you are considering buying more than one or two things from NI I think its worth while to get Komplete.

Its very complete. Do you need it all? That is debatable and really depends on you. If you are considering buying more than one or two things from NI I think its worth while to get Komplete.

They've basically out-priced their own individual products in favour of Komplete - especially the case with Kontakt; not much point buying it by itself...

Komplete 7 has pretty much everything on it on Amazon for $499... Just saying. I purchased an Audio-Interface from NI and it comes with 6 which as FM and Maschine came with Massive... Plus all the free crap on the market now like Elec7ro. You won't have to worry about any of that too much. You could look into single instruments that are on point like Omnisphere and Iris. Just saying.

They've basically out-priced their own individual products in favour of Komplete - especially the case with Kontakt; not much point buying it by itself...
I agree for the most part. I have Kontakt but not Komplete but I got it on crossgrade, bought an old version and used that to upgrade and paid about $250 total for it.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Komplete 7 has pretty much everything on it on Amazon for $499... Just saying. I purchased an Audio-Interface from NI and it comes with 6 which as FM and Maschine came with Massive... Plus all the free crap on the market now like Elec7ro. You won't have to worry about any of that too much. You could look into single instruments that are on point like Omnisphere and Iris. Just saying.
Komplete 8 is also $499 I wouldn't look at 7 for that price.

if you want bread and butter sounds don't buy komplete, if you want jack of all trades sounds then buy Komplete,... Let me correct myself, you will need to do some tweaking to get that fat lush or grimey sound from it but thats just my 2cents

Komplete is worth it for Massive, FM8 and Absynth alone.

If you want a big library of sounds on top of Kontakt (and want some extra processors, compression, EQ etc), say if you think you will buy these things in the future, Ultimate is probably worth it.

But, having a massive library of sounds might not be an advantage. Might just mean hours trawling libraries, trying to get other people's sounds to work in your tracks and not doing anything completely unique or original. A bunch of high quality compressors and EQs might be nice but for most people are just another version of something they already have.

Id probably rather buy Komplete and Omnisphere.

Back