We're building a new tool to create vocals without singers. How would you use it?

rodyy

It would be something like Vocaloid and other virtual singers, but with a more realistic sound. I'd love to know if you are interested in such a tool, what kind of features you'd like, etc. What would you use it for? We also have a demo. I'm not allowed to post links yet but googling "komponant SING" will take you straight to it. It's only a proof of concept (not actual demo of our app), and we hope to get a better result ultimately.

I would probably only use it if I want a more "human" robot voice or something, I don't expect the results to really sound natural.
Prove me wrong though.

We aim to offer a tool that can effectively replace a singer in most production situations, just like virtual pianos and sampled drums are usually preferred to real ones. So yes, I definitely hope to prove you wrong in the future :)

A lot of the vocal vsts I've seen are mostly operatic or ethereal. I wish there were some that covered soul singing. I'd definitely buy that.

Just checked it, and i am impressed!

Yes the robotic side is still appearant but its not as noticable as with your competitors which i find a good thing. Propably some genres will be more suitable for this plugin than others but hey... i see a lot more starting producers with instrumental tracks than with vocals so its good to balance the odds!

Just checked it, and i am impressed!

i see a lot more starting producers with instrumental tracks than with vocals so its good to balance the odds!

That's a very interesting point you made. Lots of producers are kept away from using vocals just because they can't afford all the costs (audio gear, live room, session singer...) that go with it, or they can afford it but work under a deadline and simply don't have time for a session.

I would definitely buy that if it could generate experimental cut/glitchy type vocals,
check out the track ECSTASY - FRNDS 4 LYF (Avec Sans Remix) to know what I mean. Starting at 0:49.
Would save me a lot of type manually cutting up vocal tracks.

That's a very interesting point you made. Lots of producers are kept away from using vocals just because they can't afford all the costs (audio gear, live room, session singer...) that go with it, or they can afford it but work under a deadline and simply don't have time for a session.

For me thats not really the case. I think it is more that there a lot more producers than (decent) singers. Like, a softsynth (cracked or not) will work no matter where you got it from.

A good singer is so much harder to find. Left alone for free. Besides to get a good take as singer seems to be a lot harder than an awesome melody from a softsynth.

Sounds like a great idea! As a producer, I often had the thought of bringing in female singers for backings, but I either haven't had the singer or the easy possibility to record it. I can imagine as backings it would be an awesome tool since it is not that apparent and the "robotic" (if you want to call it) can be seen as a stylistic option.

So yes it would definitely help the music making process. I'll buy it!

Hey, our first demo is here! Just a teaser, hope you enjoy it.
And like last time, I can't post links yet but please google "komponant sing", you'll find it easily.
Julian will be our first voice, we tried to show how it can fit in various types of productions. We had to change the lyrics of the original songs too, Julian is still learning :-) And his voice is still improving but we hope to release a beta within a few months.

Back