Weird synthetizer advice!

Capybara

Hello everyone,

I'm on Mac (not necessarily proud of it!)

Can you please post the names of the weirdest software synths you use?
Ok just to be a bit less retarded about it, I am looking for synths that are FX oriented, more specifically I need to create all kind of alien-like psychedelic voices for characters in a show.

I'm also curious if you know of any synth that allows to combine a recording (of a human voice) with a synth, using one to modulate the other or something like that, to create strange creature-like voices.

Thanks a million dollars to the winner of course.

:hello:

Last edited:
I know of a vst that is designed for weird effects, it's actually free I think.. I'll have to go and find the name of it and come back..

Also so for your second question I believe you might be looking for a vocoder. This will mix your voice with a synth signal. You can make some interesting effects.

Last edited:
Yes vocoder good idea, I'll have to try that as well you're right. Curious to know about the vst you have in mind! Thx :)

Gargoyle sounds interesting. But it's for windows :finger: !!

ahh, crap, sorry, I assumed they had for Mac as well, damn.

I think there's one called predator by rob paper that works for Mac.

If I remember correctly there's a heap of weird sounds in it.

Last edited:
Haha no worries! Thanks a lot, I will check out Predator right now and tell my pig to make me diner. Will let you know if I find others. Peace!

Hi,

Check out Izotope Iris. You can create really sick sounds with it.
Sample based synthesizer with 11gb factory lib. Combine with your own samples and get mad.

I love it.

Cheers
dubdiggah

Back